Jambands.ca

Grateful Dead releasing 80-disc Box set of previously unreleased live shows

c-towns

The Grateful Dead have announced plans to put out a massive 80-disc box set consisting of 30 previously unreleased live shows. "30 Trips Around The Sun" will be released through Rhino Records on September 18.

The box set will go for $699.95. The purchase comes with a bonus vinyl 45 which features a 1965 version of "Caution (Do Not Stop on Tracks)" as well as the final song from their final performance at Soldier Field in Chicago in '95, "Box of Rain."

The limited release will see 6,500 numbered CD sets and 1,000 lightning bolt shaped USB drives available for purchase.

List of Shows:
Filmore Aud SF, CA 7/3/66
Shrine Aud LA, CA 11/10/67
Greek Th Berkley, CA 10/20/68
Dream Bowl Vallejo, CA 2/22/69
Winterland SF, CA 4/15/70
Fox Th St. Louis, MO 3/18/71
Palace Th Waterbury, CT 9/24/72
Sports Arena SD, CA 11/14/73
Parc des Expositions Dijon, FR 9/18/74
Lindley Meadows SF, CA 9/28/75
Cobo Hall Detroit, MI 10/3/76
Capital Th Passaic, NJ 4/25/77
CC Providence, RI 5/14/78
Cape Cod Coliseum S Yarmouth, MA 10/27/79
CC Lakeland, FL 11/28/80
Barton Hall Ithaca, NY 5/16/81
Manor Downs Austin, TX 7/31/82
Centrum Worcester, MA 10/21/83
CC Augusta, ME 10/12/84
River Bend Cincinnati, OH 6/24/85
Cal Expo Sacramento, CA 5/3/86
MSG New York, NY 9/18/87
Oxford, ME 7/3/88
Arena Miami, FL 10/26/89
Zenith Paris, FR 10/27/90
MSG NY, NY 9/10/91
Copps Coliseum Ontario, Canada 3/20/92 :)
Knickerbocker Albany, NY 3/27/93
Garden Boston, MA 10/1/94
Delta Center SLC, UT 2/21/95

Read more: http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/grateful-dead-to-release-massive-box-set-of-previously-unreleased-shows/#ixzz3c0VzlF7i

• 3 months later...

It's a kickass torrent link. The warnings appear to be the new standard from the typical stock browers, especially on portables but desktops as well for public trackers that reach high popularity status or are taken down and repopulated on new servers (ie: Tpb, kickass, rarbg etc). Even what.cd gave me warnings the first time I used it when I used chrome. I simply whitelisted it.

I have malwarebytes premium with malicious website protection, as well malwarebytes anti-exploit premium along side Bit defender 2016 premium and nothing pops up, or is blocked (nor have I whitelisted anything for that site) from them when I click that url. It could also be simply flagged ads, as a lot of the crap now-a-days comes directly from them, but I have adb plus for those and never see them nor expiernce any issues.

Obviously it's a personal choice and if your uncomfortable with the thought or distrusting of your protection, the best bet is to avoid it. I've never contracted anything malicious from that site, not that I use it much though. Ymmv.

You can always check from sites like these for example:

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/ww-en/website-safety-reports/domain/kickasstorrents.com/

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?name=kickasstorrents.com

[edit to add]

For what its worth, I disabled pop-up blocking on cyberfox, and disabled adb plus then clicked the link and was instantly assualted with pop ups, though nothing seemingly malicious, one ad I did have to close via task manager. Subsequential malware scans from mbam, glary pro and BD found nothing malicious, aside from a bunch of tracking cookies used for targeted ads.

Edited by Esau.

Have you grabbed/listened to this yet Esau? I havent even got to the 4th and final cd yet but I have listened to the 3rd cd four times thus far. I've listened to the 1st once (pfffft, Viola Lee Blues - Dark Star bullshit at one point) and love the 2nd cd but the 3rd is amazing. They nailed that compilation.

I suppose it could all fall apart during the last cd...................hahahaa. Asif.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interstingly enough this version of The Eleven ended up segueing into a plowing version of Turn On Your Lovelight. Garcia quoted The Eleven a couple of times but all you have to do is listen to what Pigpen is saying/coercing during Lovelight to kinda understand how the Grateful Dead ended up being what they became. 

That's what it is all about.

Totally agree C-Towns. Loved this version of Sugar Magnolia. Doenst Jerry say something like "speed it up" as Bobby is getting the early chords out? I cant recall even though I just finished listening to this show. It is extremely interesting and I am looking forward to getting back to it because I feel like there is alot more going on than one may realize. I wouldnt make it for someone who isnt deep into the Dead, thats for sure. The harmonies get a little too raw in the sound. I was struck hard during the start of disc three with The Greatest Story Ever Told going into Johnny B Goode but the takeaway for me was the Caution > Feedback (They should have entitled it Philback) > Uncle John's Band at the end, although CD 2 is fantastic. Kreutzmann sounded like he was ready to keep playing until 2015. He was all over that version and possibly more than Garcia who was rockingly fluttering the fuck out of it.

I seem to recall Esau once telling me how much he enjoyed shows from 1971, I think he once mailed me one, and fully admit that said year is definitely one that I am not overly familiar with. It appears as though during the catalogue of hardcore-psychedelic Dead into the more jazzy realms up to their time off in 1974 I skipped a bunch of that transitional period. 1970-1971 are not years I could actively discuss aside from their studio work which was exemplary.

• 2 weeks later...

As bored as I have become by China-Riders over the years thanks to every band who followed the good ole Grateful Dead, the version on the 73 show takes me right back to that place where I positively love the combo. They do *that* transition. The rest of this show is obviously going to be absolutely killer and I cant wait.

And I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the Playing In The Band from the 1972 show. CD 2 was a great ride. Fucking righteous stuff. They went out there off the bat with Playin' and then song song song song song song song while hitting each one to their points. Whenever I listen to this era, and I am biased because it's my favorite, I am blown away by how in sync everything is. Their ears and fingers and wrists were so attuned. It brings to mind that Jerry quote, which I believe he relayed in the 1980's - something like "If Phil is on, the Grateful Dead are on"

Edit to add: I downloaded that recent 11-22-1994 Phish release and I cant believe I wont be getting to that until probably 2016

Second edit: Regarding this 1973 show I first started talking about, the way Truckin' was meant to be for me....holyfuck that is some deeeep rollypolly shit - perfect - thank you Jerry

I'm on a long road trip and have been exploring some of this set.

The 1971 show is freaking amazing. I don't know what the source is or the bitrate of my recording blah blah blah but listening to it with the surround function on the car stereo is blowing my mind.

Jerry forgets a bunch of lyrics in the first set. What kind of drugs were they doing that year?