Jambands.ca

Wayhome Festival??

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

How have I never heard of this before??

The Wayhome Festival is on this week-end somewhere around Barrie, and check out this lineup:

- Neil Young

- Kendrick Lamar

- Alt-J

- Modest Mouse

- The Decemberists

- Brandon Flowers

- Future Islands

- Gaslight Anthem

- Cold War Kids

- Hey Rosetta!

- Fucked Up

- Sloan

- Timber Timbre

- Delta Spirit

- Viet Cong

- Metz

- Alvvays

- How To Dress Well

And that's just the bands I recognized!

Holy amazeballs!

Work this one out instead...

In just one week, 40,000 people will make their way to Burl’s Creek Event Grounds for the WayHome Music and Arts Festival and a permit issued on Tuesday night has led to some new concerns.

Oro-Medonte town council approved a special events permit for 92 acres that is already zoned appropriately for the event. However, a permit needed for more than 400 acres that would be used for camping and parking was denied.

"Simply because it is not zoned and it's illegal, and we cannot condone an illegal act by anybody," says Deputy Mayor Ralph Hough.

If festival organizers allow parking and camping on the newly acquired land surrounding Burl’s Creek, it will be illegal and there will be consequences.

"Our bylaw staff will go before the courts and lay charges under the relevant acts, under the planning acts for zoning violations," says Hough.

Full story: http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/permit-needed-for-camping-parking-on-over-400-acres-of-land-at-burl-s-creek-denied-1.2471154

They'll just pay the big fine and not bat an eye. I read the max fine would be $50,000 which is the same cost as an also ran 90's hit maker in today's festival market.

They're playing Sloan $50,000? Fuck, not a bad payday for an also ran 90's hit maker.

You may be surprised that Sloan is still putting out great records. (I'm not surprised)

I was a fan of Sloan so I'm not really surprised, it's just been a while since I've heard anything they've done. I'm just surprised they would get 50,000. Good on them if they do.

I went and had a great time. Very well run and quite organized. Sound was crispy, weather was amenable and the VIP was great! They had an oyster shucking stn for gawd sakes! One complaint -  security was too tight. Would only let you bring in unopened packs of cigarettes. Bizarre. 

Would only let you bring in unopened packs of cigarettes. Bizarre. 

Very bizarre.  Reminds me of my buddy Rusty at the first night in Chicago.  Security would only let him bring in his smokes if he removed them from the pack and threw the pack away.  WTF? 

• 6 months later...

Hehe. I'm a couple albums behind on him so perhaps it's gone downhill. Or were you never a fan from the start Sean?

I liked Trouble but it went downhill fast. I just don't like how he projects his voice anymore.

But if MMJ are giving him their blessing and Jim James is producing his new album perhaps I shouldn't overlook this one.