Jambands.ca

Peach Music Festival Initial Line-up Announced

edger

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't believe no one has posted about this yet including myself. Yet another amazing lineup. Just can't seem to keep away from The Peach. Don't want to jinx it but also looks like this could be the first year without an apocalyptic storm.  If you don't know well now you know! Mountain is calling!spacer.png

On 7/28/2019 at 3:18 AM, Booche said:

JRAD, minus Joe Russo, were fucking fantastic tonight. 

I had to stream it knowing Russo was out, probably would have anyways, but that was some fun times. Althea for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Booche.That Althea was great!

Watching the webcast is awesome, but to truly simulate attending the Peach Festival, I recommend walking uphill all weekend and paying twice as much as you would expect for food.

Hmmm....well all true that is certainly not how I would boil down my peach experience ;)

Fourth year in a row...thought it was my fifth but I think I'm losing count. 😜 The vibe of this festival is one of the best in my opinion.  Magical shining people everywhere. You sure do have to work hard and arrive early to get a good set up (in the trees on less sloped, less rocky land) but so well worth it.  They continuously put out one of the best lines ups of the year every year...the water park is a huge plus and a hydrating salvation.  Yoga in the mornings to work out all that muscle soreness.  I also splurge for a massage from the healing tent on most days...some talented intuitive individuals in there.

Our first rain free weekend which made things so much easier...cleaner

I generally make my own breakfast/lunch.  My favourite vendor is Asian Sensation....their dumplings and spicy Korean chicken bowl are superb.

Thursday night we kicked things off with Aqueous (surpassed my expectations...great set...I'd seen them before...appear to be gaining depth and are on the rise). This was followed by Billy effin Strings....he just rips on that acoustic.  I hope he maintains the stamina and lifestyle to entertain us into old age.  Caught a set of Pigeons Playing Ping Pong...they're great fun, lots of energy...I eventually get bored but good.  Opted not to catch their late night set that night but mostly to pace myself.  String Cheese!!!  They came out swinging.  Thursday was their first of three sets that weekend and every single one was a festival highlight.  They just have a little bit of everything that I love.

Friday yoga, followed by Infamous Stringdusters (solid, enjoyable set....hard to top seeing them at Nelson Ledges and dancing in the soft sand).  Unfortunately missed Cory Wong (opted not to climb another hill and back as I wanted to see Blues Traveler). Blues Traveler was fun but I think I enjoyed them more the last time I saw them at vibes.  Nevertheless their hits get everyone moving.  Moe.....heard so many people expressing indifference towards moe.  I don't get it.  To me they are still a straight up delightful rock/jam band and I enjoy them every time.  Seeing them in a bar is my preference but that's true for most bands. Two more magical sets of String Cheese, followed by the Allman Betts Band.  I thought they sounded great! Both the allman covers and originals.  Just happy to see that music kept alive.

Didn't make it to Saturday yoga...in large thanks to the brahs who decided to plug in and amplify music throughout the hills at like 4 or 5 in the morning or whatever it was.  If you're going to do that (and please don't) at least be good...or even mediocre.  It was terrible.  I heard they got busted by cops on the following night.  While I wouldn't wish that on anyone and don't know what they were taken down for, I was pleased this charade was a one time performance.  Ended up being a late start by the time I got into the music.  I was disappointed to miss both Ghost Light and Stephen Marley....but there was a heavy night in store.  Lettuce>Greensky Bluegrass>double dose of TAB> followed by JRAD.  I couldn't have been more blissed out.  TAB was a definite festival topper for me.  We had anywhere from a half dozen to 20 Canadians clustered at any one time and I got a huge kick out of watching people get sucked into, energetically lifted, or just plain out puzzled by our 'infectious' swirling energy.  I believe we were excellent ambassadors.  There's always a few Americans that want to come home with us lol.  JRAD's set was also a tonne of fun despite missing their master conductor.  I was choked to hear of that very shortly before they were to go on, but congrats to the Russo family. 

Sunday we packed down....wavered back and forth because it is the last thing you feel like doing on day 4....almost stayed another night but was really glad to have a clean bed, shower and hotel to go to at the end of the night.  As a result of the pack down and slow moving haze we were in we missed Yonder which was a shame.  Caught the end of the Inaugural Guitar pull and had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with Stanley Jordan.  What a tasteful talented player.  Next up was Marcus King Band.  This is my third time seeing him this year and he was cookin' as usual.  Truly one of the greatest vocalists of all time in my opinion.  I ended up missing most of Warren and Grace but really needed a massage and a swim to straighten things out.  Made it back in time for good ole' Phil and Friends including Warren, Scofield, Graeme Lesh, Holly Bowling and John Molo.  Once they got warmed up they put on a great show.  Scofield is still a monster.  An absolute privilege to still be able to see Phil do his thing and play with such improvisational mastery at his age.

I had the best company one could ever ask for and reflected on that many many times throughout the weekend and how delicate life is and how lucky I have been.  Heart is full of love and I always have renewed hope about this messed up world when I immerse myself in this freaky free flowing crowd.

And....back to reality...aches and pains and things to do, but never the same.  I just try and carry a little bit of that magic through the rat race until next time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...