Jambands.ca

Lock'n Festival Announced!!

Northern Wish

“Phish has headlined their own festivals many times, but they have rarely played festivals with other bands performing,” Lockn’ co-founder Peter Shapiro told Rolling Stone. “So this is going to be a big moment for their fans. To get to see Ween play before Phish is the kind of unique musical moment that we created Lockn’ for.”

lockninitialadmat

Pretty stacked as far as this scene goes, and I say that as someone who has never been into Ween. Late night JRAD after Phish would be a ton of fun.

On the whole, it's reminiscent of the first few years of Bonnaroo and the only two years of Rothbury. It's not going to cater to a wide demographic, but if this is what you're into it's one-stop shopping and should be pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good.

Edit to add: I still think that Twiddle is just a performance art piece by Brooklyn hipsters that has gotten way out of hand.

• 4 weeks later...

bwhahha Twiddle.... 

I went their first year, it was a beautiful site.. .like a lot of bigger festivals these days, they have to main stages, side by side so the music between bands is usually seamless.

I'd love to go to this, but prob only at last min.

I once worked for Shapiro, he's a real visionary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I disagree. I like everything they're fusing together. Bass player is sick. Having said that they can be a little to sauve and show boaty for my tastes and as a case in point I did NOT like their Band cover. Didn't work for me. 

So great to be able to stream the whole fest for free and listen on Sirius!  Enjoyed white denim and ween today. Currently on a pit stop on the way up north and waiting for phish! 

Phish were fantastic to my ears. I held bad expectations for them because they seem to employ that "if it's a festival we are gonna suck" model but they didnt this weekend, They found a great way to go short and sweet outside of their regular comfort zone. I preferred Friday. 

For those who may have missed this...even if you didnt, watch it again. I posted this on my Facebook wall on Sunday morning because I was completely floored. I just watched it again and I am completely floored. Again.

If I ever hang out with Phil Lesh and we have a Youtube talk I am going pop this on his player...............