Jambands.ca

Dead & Co. Guest on The Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon

edger

Gotta say...and mind you I fully intend/look forward to seeing Dead & Co. this summer but so far while I dig Mayer on guitar his vocals thus far are not doing it for me.  Ironic perhaps given he's probably the so-called "best" singer of the bunch, but something about it is just a little too neat and tidy for me.  I said this after seeing them this past November and will say it again after listening to the Fallon clip...I hope that his time on the road with these boys grits him up a bit... You have the tone there Johnny boy now just let some emotion come through.  What do you guys think?

i think this was my first time seeing him with them except for another late-night show they played on awhile ago (i've forgotten which)? (what i mean is, haven't seen the band live).  i enjoyed the Shakedown, but it confirmed for me that i don't want to go out of my way to see this band.  i agree with you edger that mayer is lacking something.

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, definitely good to see Donna with them. Hearing her on the other hand is always an exercise in extreme patience. Serenity now... 

JM, however, is a fantastic addition to this band and you've really seen his playing open up in the 8-9 months that he's been playing and touring with them. Much more fluid playing, and he seems less reliant on such a bluesy sound as he was when he first started. Love this. 

12 hours ago, fluffhead77 said:

Oh yeah, definitely good to see Donna with them. Hearing her on the other hand is always an exercise in extreme patience. Serenity now...

I thought that Donna seemed rather restrained. rather enjoyed her vocals. (I was waiting for her to come in during Playing, with her trademark wails, but she remained silent.)