Jambands.ca

Harvest Picnic - Dundas, ON : Sat August 27th

Northern Wish

OMFG - HaMike just won the Skanc Of The Year for 2016...............HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!

I dont even know what I enjoyed best aside from an obviously overjoyed Ryan Adams. These bits may have sold me on trying for tickets in the future whether he is on the bill or not. Best ad ever?

On 8/28/2016 at 7:00 PM, Northern Wish said:

It was announced Friday night that she had cancelled due to illness and that an announcement re: schedule change would be made on Saturday morning. By the time they made the announcement it was too late for me to change plans. Totally bummed, it sounds like it was an awesome Rheostatics set.

My understanding is that she had a heart attack.

Chiming in late here but it was a really beautiful night last Friday. The festival was pretty sparsely attended that night - I would guess maybe 500 people??  Hard to say. Given this festival's track record, I wasn't 100% convinced he would actually be there until he walked out on stage. We got there with plenty of time to scarf back an indian taco from the Flying Chestnut before the show. With so few people there it felt like having Ryan Adams play in our own backyard. He had tweeted the night before something along the lines of he was preparing the darkest/saddest setlist of all time for this show. It was a nice, mellow show with some of my favourites of his, and I gather there were more than a few songs that he doesn't often play live.  And indeed plenty of sombre melodies. Glad that we went.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-03-09 at 6:45 PM, Hartamophone said:

11660886813_344f3a7bd4_o.png

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/harvest-picnic-lawsuit-1.3801341

An excerpt:

"No payment" is a familiar refrain for many of the bands that played this year, who say they are still chasing Gauthier for money.

Toronto's The Rheostatics is one of those bands. "[The show] was fun and we were happy and played a long time and then drove home. And waited to get paid. Which we have not," the band said in a statement provided to CBC News. 

"We all feel let down by this. Promoters should pay musicians — whether it's $5 or $500,000. But Harvest Picnic has not. I suggest Harvest Picnic ticket buyers should know their money was not used to pay musicians — where their money has gone is anybody's guess — and think twice before buying tickets to their future events."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...