Jambands.ca

Rolling Stones, Dylan, McCartney, Neil Young in Talks for Mega Concert

Hartamophone

So this would be quite the event. At first I thought it was a leftover April Fools' Day post, but it's being run in some pretty legit media. One can only imagine the price tag on tickets.

Six titans of rock music – the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, the Who and Roger Waters – are reportedly in the finishing stages of joining together in October for an epic three-day concert in Indio, California. Goldenvoice, the organizers of the Coachella Music Festival, are in talks to bring the six Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees to the fest's Empire Polo Field site on October 7th through 9th, the Los Angeles Times reports.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rolling-stones-dylan-mccartney-neil-young-in-talks-for-mega-concert-20160415

2 hours ago, Northern Wish said:

I bet Twiddle gets an undercard spot.

Damn you. Damn you hard.

1 hour ago, fluffhead77 said:

I bet tickets are 500 bucks face.

I would think that would be the absolute lowest for three days, without camping. Hell, face for some tickets for the Stones alone has been more than that on recent arena shows. I'm sure face value on high-end VIP packages would soar into the five figures, or at least close to it.

8 hours ago, Hartamophone said:

Really? Cheaper than LOCKN'? I suppose it's possible, but I feel like the target demographic for this will be milked pretty aggresively. I hope I'm wrong (assuming the event even happens).

My thoughts exactly. Given the amount of money that people ( of a certain age bracket) have and are willing to spend and that a face value ticket for any one of these bands individually can reach $250-300 for a primo seat, I'm calling much higher.  

On 20 April, 2016 at 3:39 PM, edger said:

So this would be a camp-out?

Who knows? I would assume there would be some sort of camping option given the location, but then again the target demographic would be more likely to stay in hotels. We're not talking a Coachella or Bonnaroo crowd. It will be interesting to see how (if?) this all plays out.

• 2 weeks later...

And the answer is....$399.

Goldenvoice, the organizers behind Coachella, have officially announced their next megafest. Taking place October 7th – 9th at Indio, California’s Empire Polo Grounds, Desert Trip will feature performance from six rock ‘n’ roll institutions: Sir Paul McCartneyThe Rolling StonesRoger WatersThe WhoBob Dylan, and Neil Young will all share the same stage for the first time ever.

Dylan and The Stones are to play back to back on Friday to open the festival. Young and McCartney will follow on Saturday, with The Who and Waters closing out the event on Sunday.

Additionally, the festival will feature an all-star lineup of world renowned chefs and 40 of the best restaurants from Los Angeles to New York City. Update: According to a representative for the festival, only these six music acts will be playing the festival. No further additions are coming.

Ticket go on sale Monday, May 9th at 10 a.m. PST. The prices are as follows:

Single-day passes – $199

Three-day general admission – $399

Reserved floor – $699, $999, $1,599

Reserved grandstand – $999, $1599

Standing pit – $1,599

Hotel packages, premium seating, RV and tent camping available.

Better prices then I expected, though still a bit much for me considering the other monetary variables, like travel, camping etc. Though it kind of helps with taking some of sting out of my U.S. entry waiver being denied. Apparently, a 26 year old charge (pardoned) is still considered a "concern to national security". <_<