Jambands.ca

Rolling Stones, Dylan, McCartney, Neil Young in Talks for Mega Concert

Hartamophone

I'm out, a tough decision made much easier by not getting tickets.

One of the big deciding factors was imagining the crowd demographic.  I was thinking there might be an unhealthy surge of people onsite that haven't been to a concert in years and are hell bent on them and their crew having the greatest time ever no matter what.  

Which could prove to be a pretty fun environment, but also has the potential for some real ugliness.

And here my plan all along was to live variously through you and Phorbesie....

Sound rationale. I didn't even end up trying for tickets. Not a good time of year for me to get away...too expensive to make that trip for the amount of time I would be able to snag (if any)...and I had also envisioned how it might pan out to have a whole slew of people in a huge festival setting that have no idea what they got themselves into. Entitlement can be a real buzzkill and I suspect there will be lots of that to go around.  Having said that if logistics were not a factor I'd go.  

the crowd doesn't concern me at all. i kind of wanted to go, but not enough to commit or try for tickets.  the second weekend would have worked better timing-wise but i don't really feel like going i guess!  i love the venue though and it will surely be an awesome experience!