Jambands.ca

Gord Downie

Esau.

I saw online there was a Live Nation presale yesterday ... so probably wasn't much of anything left today anyway...   I was after the Kingston shows, as that's the only dates I'll be back in Canada and I got shut out within the first 1 minute ... although I tried for another 30mins.  Of course that might be a very popular show since it's the last and a hometown one at that. 

Stubhub has lots of tickets for this one: $600 - $2,400 apiece

Terribly. It seems we all went into a queue before 11am and no one I'm chatting with (14 devices total) even pulled one lousy pair.

I've got a new projector and sound system that I'm going to use to show some classic Hip performances on the shop wall (30 ft x 60 ft). If you're interested, it is likely going to be Friday August 5th if you are nearby. I am definitely getting a keg!

Edit: Or if the CBC broadcasts the final show the event will be on August 20.

Tickets for Tragically Hip gone in a flash

Emily Plunkett found an old-school way to secure tickets that didn’t involve constantly hitting refresh on her screen — camp outside the box office.

Plunkett arrived at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa at 4:30 a.m. Friday morning and found herself the 12th person in line.

“We were just doing what we could to get our seats,” she said.

Untethered from their computer screens, the dedicated fans shared jokes, listened to music and watched the sun come up in-real-life. Just after 10 a.m., there were about 50 people in line waiting to snag tickets.

“I feel validated for having done that, because I wanted to see if you could still do it the old-fashioned way,” she said.

I didn't know that people still did that. I also wonder if they all got tickets, and what kind of tickets they got.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 6 June, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Hartamophone said:

Looking for heady extras for Ottawa...

And also London, where I'll be for work at the appropriate time.

Funny the geographic disparity of secondary market tickets. As low as $20 USD each on StubHub for the western shows, but then at least five times that once they get to Ontario. Interesting, too, that London is the second priciest show behind only Kingston. Maybe size of the venue?

TLDR; looking for Ottawa and London.