Jambands.ca

Donation sidebar

bouche

I turned on the sidebar and within it, I've added the ability to accept donations for the site.  

This is to cover yearly hosting bills that I've been able to handle in the past through advertising.  The last few years, there has been no ad space purchases and google ads do not provide more than around $70 over a year.  So I've been footing the bills personally over the last few years.  I've come to the conclusion that the site needs some form of income and the only way I could come up with at the moment is by implementing a persistent donation box. 

Any amount will be helpful.  Since the box relies on paypal, hopefully everyone wishing to drop some money into the guitar case already has a paypal account, or doesn't mind setting one up.  Other forms of donation may be acceptable as well.  Suggestions are welcome.

If anyone has any other ideas to fund hosting I'm all eyes and ears.

7 hours ago, edger said:

Yes I think jamband.ca musical fundraiser would be fun and potentially bring some added traffic back here as well.  Maybe one in Ottawa and one in Hamilton or surrounding region.  

Fundraisers are a great idea but they seem like alot of work for anyone who would be involved.  Donations seems to be the easiest way to hit the mark and the goal could be accomplished with very little personal funds if the submissions are spread out across as many active users possible.   

6 hours ago, bouche said:

Fundraisers are a great idea but they seem like alot of work for anyone who would be involved.  Donations seems to be the easiest way to hit the mark and the goal could be accomplished with very little personal funds if the submissions are spread out across as many active users possible.   

I meant to continue but got distracted and saved. This was just the best option for this time around.   I'd like to have something more reasonable in place for next year.   

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • bouche unpinned this topic