Jambands.ca

Bluesfest rumours?

Velvet

Damn it, I wanted to be the first with a totally unfounded Tom Petty rumour. Sorry folks, I think I might have jinxed it. Since i was going to be in Toronto, I was figuring this would be the year they finally get Tom Petty. As it turns out, I will still be in Ottawa and likely actually going to Bluesfest this year, so it probably won't happen, just to spite me. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

• 1 month later...

It looks like Rod Stewart is on tour nearby around the time of the fest:

July 12 Camden, NJ — BB&T Pavilion
July 14 Bangor, ME — Darlings Waterfront Pavilion
July 15 Mansfield, MA — Xfinity Center
July 18 Wantagh, NY — Jones Beach Theater
July 19 Bristow, VA — Jiffy Lube Live
July 21 Bethel, NY — Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
July 22 Saratoga Springs, NY — Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Aloha,

Brad

28 minutes ago, bradm said:

It looks like Rod Stewart is on tour nearby around the time of the fest:

July 12 Camden, NJ — BB&T Pavilion
July 14 Bangor, ME — Darlings Waterfront Pavilion
July 15 Mansfield, MA — Xfinity Center
July 18 Wantagh, NY — Jones Beach Theater
July 19 Bristow, VA — Jiffy Lube Live
July 21 Bethel, NY — Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
July 22 Saratoga Springs, NY — Saratoga Performing Arts Center

Aloha,

Brad

That would actually be pretty great, especially with Cyndi Lauper on the bill, but I don't know...it would have to be on the 16th, right after Great Woods, or maayybe on the 11th.  Hope so, but I doubt it.

Agreed that there will be much Canadiana on the bill this summer and while they will spin it as a celebration of 150, I'm guessing it will actually be because of the low Canadian dollar.

For Canadian talent they could get...maybe Neil?  Bryan Adams is in Europe, Billy Talent will already have come through town, The Hip are obviously out of the picture.  Of course Blue Rodeo will be there.  Maybe The Weeknd (missp?).  

I'm surprised they've never mined the wealth of b-level retro Canadian acts like Trooper, Loverboy, April Wine, David Wilcox, Platinum Blonde, Honeymoon Suite...that sort of thing.  I'm not saying they should, but they've gotta go down that road eventually, no?

5 hours ago, Velvet said:

I'm surprised they've never mined the wealth of b-level retro Canadian acts like Trooper, Loverboy, April Wine, David Wilcox, Platinum Blonde, Honeymoon Suite...that sort of thing.  I'm not saying they should, but they've gotta go down that road eventually, no?

Bwaha, like gravity. 

Also I would love to bring my son to see Metallica