Jambands.ca

Mike Gordon @ Phoenix (T.O.) Sept. 30

bradm

On Saturday, September 30, 2017, Mike Gordon will be playing at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, ON. Tickets are available at

http://www.ticketweb.ca/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?eventId=7549765&pl=embrace&dispatch=loadSelectionData&refid=fbannounce

Pre-sale is on now, the access code is GORDON17. General on-sale is July 14. I bought my ticket. :)

Aloha,
Brad

• 2 months later...

There's a more complete setlist over here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mike-gordon/2017/the-phoenix-concert-theatre-toronto-on-canada-5be24714.html

I was looking forward to this show from the start, but they exceeded expectations for me and IMHO they killed it!! WOW!  Such a tight band. I forgot how great Scott Murawksi is on the axe - had seen him with Max Creek a few times 15-20 years ago (yikes) but not since then. Cactus was a wizard on the bass. Nice northern touch with Sugar Shack.

Mike was at the merch table after the show - I got to meet the legend!

The Phoenix security staff were as horrible as I remember them from shows past. Taking their time with questions and through searches for everyone passing through the door, resulting in a long line to get in and me missing the first 2 songs. I saw them almost not let one person in because her pupils were allegedly dilated, and the security person said that this woman would have to wait for a medic or something to come and assess whether she is ok. For another person they confiscated/stole their rolling papers.  Booooo.

Yes this show far exceeded my expectations.  Especially after my total lack of connection to the band on the sleepy Sunday of the final day of Peach fest.  First set was tight and groovy.  Crazy Sometimes into Sugar Shack was a definite highlight. Impressive light show as well.

Agreed on the shitty security.  I saw multiple people complaining about how aggressively they were violated.  Every single person I spoke to had stories of being squeezed in the erogenous zones.  Being thorough is one thing...this was over the top.