Jambands.ca

Tom Petty Has Died....at Age 66

edger

Absolutely shocking and terrible news.  He went into cardiac arrest. A simple google search will take you to your source of choice.

Far too young and appears to be happening just as he was getting ready to take some well earned down time.

Missed his show this past summer because we were playing at Hillside...certainly could not have anticipated that it would have been my last chance.

I will always remember his shows for continuously blowing me away as I was reminded just how many amazing soundtrack of life hits he had. While not always at the forefront in my musical mind, a certain constant foundation, and many a great shared moment while he served as the backdrop.

Feeling sad and reflective with this one...RIP 

Very sad news.

At the moment, reports that he died are not accurate.  He was taken off life support but isn't dead.  

TMZ - 1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate -- the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. handled the emergency.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...