Jambands.ca

John Dunsworth RIP.

Esau.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3806747/actor-john-dunsworth-has-died-at-the-age-of-71/

Actor John F. Dunsworth, best known for his portrayal of Jim Lahey in the comedy series Trailer Park Boys, has died at the age of 71.

The news was confirmed by Dunsworth’s daughter Sarah in an email.

“John left this world peacefully after a short and unexpected illness,” she wrote in an email.

Dunsworth was born in Bridgewater, N.S. on April 12, 1946 and attended the University of Guelph where he majored in theatre before dropping out in his fourth year.

Dunsworth acted in numerous CBC radio dramas had many starring roles in stage productions at the Neptune Theatre in Halifax.

Condolences for the revered actor were pouring in on social media Monday evening.

American comedian Tom Arnold wrote on Twitter: “So sad. RIP John Dunsworth. One of the finest men and most brilliant actors I’ve ever had the honour to work with.”

Mike Smith, who is best known for his portrayal of Bubbles in Trailer Park Boys, offered his condolences in a tweet Monday night.

“I am beyond devastated. John was a beautiful guy. Brilliant and fascinating. I am forever grateful for having known him. RIP my friend,” he wrote.

Along with his role as Jim Lahey, Dunsworth has an extensive career in television and film dating back to 1978.

One of his more prominent roles include Dave Teagues in the series Haven.

Dunsworth was well-known in the regional theatre community, including the creation of the Pier One Theatre; one of the Halifax’s first alternative theatre and production houses.

His family has asked for privacy at this time.