Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest 2018 Official Thread

bouche

4 hours ago, Esau. said:

Not sure if all this would be too country-ish for Bluesfest though.  No sarcasm, serious question: are there any blues bands that play the main stages anymore?

I'm not aware of any.  

The main stage acts seem to help the festival maintain a large presence allowing them to program blues and other genres on the smaller stages and interior stage in the museum.  

These smaller stages are by no means small, they are certainly overshadowed by the mainstage acts and we can basically just consider this a music festival without any genre in the brand.

It is certainly time to change the brand.  Ottawa Folk Festival was successfully rebranded as CityFolk Festival.  Why not simply just call the bluesfest, the Ottawa Hot Humid and Sometimes Stormy Live Music Festival?

Be descriptive and reflective.  ?

also, I was digging for old posts on this topic and love this post from Velvet in 2009 referencing acts that have been rumoured to appear.

Yeah, wasn't a slag on the fest name, I was just curious as I haven't really kept up on the acts that play the fest anymore and hadn't really heard of any. Only play catch up when I read through the reviews and threads ya'll share though.

I looked for that thread awhile back when trying to recall the bands I saw when I last attended - jeebus 21 yrs. ago - thought I went to one after that, but guess I didn't. I still have my t-shirt from the 97 fest somewhere, though it doesn't come close to fitting anymore. Must have shrunk...