Jambands.ca

Trey with Phil and Bobby in NYC last night (3/3/2018)

Hartamophone

2 hours ago, DevO said:

Too bad they scratched out The Maker in Set 1!  And I'm guessing Estimated Prophet is what's scratched out in Set 2.

Agreed on both counts, although I’d have rather heard The Maker with Trey than without. Pretty sure I saw him play it with Emmylou Harris once and it was tasty.

Awesome!

Velvet and I drove down to NYC for the show after our flight down Friday got cancelled. So glad we made it! Seeing Bob and Phil side by side on stage together warmed the cockles of my heart. Then Trey came out and poured gasoline on the cockles and set them ablaze ;)

Such a great show, sweet venue and great night in NYC. i felt totally blissful. I love that Trey is their jam buddy, it makes me so happy. It was all pretty loose and flubby, sure but I couldn't have been happier. I loved the Wheel and Dark Star especially. Can't wait to watch this again, and the first night. I took some nice pictures but unfortunately my camera doesn't seem to have saved any of them!

I think the show ended right at midnight, so maybe they had to scrap Estimated due to time constraints?  Phil also mentioned that he was tired.

So amazing. I thought he was looking healthy and vibrant during last Saturdays show. Couldn't agree more with the warms the heart sentiment. I sensed such an abundance of love and brotherhood between the two. They exuded  a connection that is so unique and reflective of their shared remarkable trailblazing and resilient lived experience. I didn't get to see most of second set as I had to go get my son so I probably shouldn't even say this but I actually thought they sounded better without Trey. My expectations were far surpassed in the first set and thought they sounded strong and exploratory in a tasteful seasoned way. Weaving around one another in playful comfort and managing to keep the simplicity of the pared down 'band' engaging and enticing.

Having said that I was so happy to see them continue to nurture their relationship mutual respect and torch passing/sharing with Trey and the spirit that continues to glow strong as a result. 

Would have loved to have been there in person but grateful to continue to be able to take this all in with good friends that love and appreciate it all as deeply as I do.

Phil does look amazing! Bobby's looking so much more aged.

I hear ya, edger... There was something lost in having Trey there for the whole set, I mean I am curious how the set would have gone without him, with just Bob & Phil jamming out some second-set tunes.  Wish we would have been able to make it to both RCMH shows to see both with/without versions, but it wasn't possible.  However, I am really glad that the one we went to had Trey because I would have been kicking myself if I'd gone the first night instead!  I love him (obviously)!