Velvet

Herbie Hancock 

Alison Krauss

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones

Jerry Douglas

Boz Scaggs

Jerry Granelli with Robben Ford

Tanya Tagaq

Sure, they probably spent less than usual this year, but that's some pretty good music.  Too bad Kamasi Washington isn't coming back.  I might have to go to Montreal Jazz Fest for his set.

Edited by Velvet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my pass and noticed that they are moving the stages around this year. Maybe trying to keep the park from getting destroyed? The main stage will be in front of City Hall and the tent will be behind it in that field where Bluesfest used to have a side stage. Also, Chaka Khan has been added.

Edited by phorbesie

9 minutes ago, phorbesie said:

Just got my pass and noticed that they are moving the stages around this year. Maybe trying to keep the park from getting destroyed? The main stage will be in front of City Hall and the tent will be behind it in that field where Bluesfest used to have a side stage. Also, Chaka Khan has been added.

Given that my office overlooks the plaza in front of City Hall, this could be a very good thing. For me. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 3:46 PM, phorbesie said:

They still haven't uploaded the site map to their website, sooooo question for you (or anyone else who has seen one):

Which way does the main stage face? Is it set up at the Canal end of Marion Dewar Plaza, facing west? Or will it be set up closer to the courthouse and face east? I've seen both configurations for concerts on that lawn, and the location of the stage will likely impact my ticket buying.

22 minutes ago, phorbesie said:

I don't know but my guess is that the stage would be set up like it used to be at Bluesfest, facing east?

That was first assumption as well, although the only times I can remember a stage being there for events in the past few years (post-Bluesfest) it was at the other end facing west. Although none of those were the size of Jazzfest. We shall see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...