Jambands.ca

Neil Young & Daryl Hannah's Paradox

Davey Boy 2.0

5 hours ago, edger said:

Ya thanks for flagging this. I'm reading Neil's Waging Heavy Peace right now so this will be a nice complement

Ya mean the three-hundred page ad for Pono?

Kidding!

Kind of.

I did like the book, though. And for some reason I keep it on a shelf in my office surrounded by legal texts. Trying to keep it real, I guess. 

I was just listening to an interview with David Crosby on Adam Carolla's podcast. He was talking about how he had answered a question after an interview ended about his thoughts on Darryl Hannah dating Neil Young.  I didn't realize that they were a couple.  Apparently the interviewer took his words, which described her as a gold digger, and posted them on the internet which ended up pissing off Neil.  Crosby regretted saying anything and that he was an idiot for running his mouth off, and his perceptions were based on crap his agent had been saying to him.

On 23/03/2018 at 10:06 PM, Hartamophone said:

Ya mean the three-hundred page ad for Pono?

Kidding!

Kind of.

Ha I'm only a little ways in (pesky work keeps diverting me)....so that line of writing keeps going eh? ;)

Must have been a huge let down for him. From what I can tell that project has been abandoned?

He also speaks very tenderly about his wife in this book which couldn't have been too long before he left her. Another reminder of how fast a life can change.

Edited by edger

On 2018-03-30 at 7:47 AM, edger said:

Ha I'm only a little ways in (pesky work keeps diverting me)....so that line of writing keeps going eh? ;)

Must have been a huge let down for him. From what I can tell that project has been abandoned?

Yeah, he circled back to it throughout. It’s a pesky distraction but not enough to ruin the book. Plus it’s really clear that he wrote the book himself without a ghostwriter (at least it sure seems that way) which is refreshing.

And no, Pono didn’t last:

https://www.cnet.com/news/pono-is-probably-dead-long-live-xstream/

• 1 year later...