Jambands.ca

Bluesfest 2019

Velvet

Tix are already on sale, and they have leaked a little more of the lineup. https://bf19-holiday.frontgatetickets.com/?fbclid=IwAR21WZhAPdjn5x6FDlMoSGzY50kA2hzOblLycJGhhEo_TQI-EGgjb0J5lYQ&utm_campaign=holpsale&utm_medium=social&utm_source=thankyou

In addition to Backstreet Boys on July 14, the site also mentions that on July 5th it will be Eric Church, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, and Colter Wall.

Pretty damn cheesy of them to charge $20+ for a card to put under the tree.

13 hours ago, Velvet said:

Pretty damn cheesy of them to charge $20+ for a card to put under the tree.

Filed under “Well, let’s just do it and see if anyone will pay for it.”

None of these artist announcements excite me, but I like that the buzz is starting so early this year. Bluesfest really is something this city can be proud of, regardless of how you may feel about the lineup in any given year. 

"Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, and Colter Wall."

REALLY?????????

That.Is.Killer.To.Know.

Check out Colter Wall folks. I am so happy knowing he will be at Bluesfest. A good ole Canadian boy who embodies the country music that emanated from Nashville studios. This dude's music sounds legit to these ears..............and Jason Isbell is announced? Fuck me dry. I'm in. 

11 hours ago, Booche said:

"Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, and Colter Wall."

REALLY?????????

That.Is.Killer.To.Know.

Check out Colter Wall folks. I am so happy knowing he will be at Bluesfest. A good ole Canadian boy who embodies the country music that emanated from Nashville studios. This dude's music sounds legit to these ears..............and Jason Isbell is announced? Fuck me dry. I'm in. 

Some nice tone there on that good ole boy

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Velvet said:

It would be awesome if Heart reformed the old original band featuring their great lead guitarist Roger Fisher and occasional lead player and keyboardist Howard Leese.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on there that really scratches my itches, although enough people have recommended Jason Isbell that I might check him out. Aside from that, I hope a million people go and have all the fun and drink all the beers, but my summer concert money and days off will be spent elsewhere. 

Chicago will be playing at Jazzfest, which is more interesting to me than the entirety of the Bluesfest lineup.  Though I hope to see Yonatan Gat again.  He's great.  And Isbell of course.

And yeah, Rodrigo y Gabriela is pretty impressive, but I've just never been into flamenco.

Gosh, I hope Peter Cetera isn't with Chicago.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:09 PM, Velvet said:

Chicago will be playing at Jazzfest, which is more interesting to me than the entirety of the Bluesfest lineup.  Though I hope to see Yonatan Gat again.  He's great.  And Isbell of course.

And yeah, Rodrigo y Gabriela is pretty impressive, but I've just never been into flamenco.

Gosh, I hope Peter Cetera isn't with Chicago.

the style of music is not always flamenco.  It's more about the quality of there playing for me