Jambands.ca

DMB in Montreal this Saturday (December 8th) (UPDATE - Bizarre StubHub content)

Hartamophone

I know a few people around these parts were pleasantly surprised with Dave Matthews Band's set at Bluesfest this year. They're playing Montreal this Saturday and tickets on the secondary market are dirt cheap. Like, nine dollar floor seats kind of cheap. Lots to be found on StubHub. I think I may do a down-and-back for the occasion. 

Edited by Hartamophone

I've been following StubHub prices for this show for a few days. That whole time there were literally hundreds of tickets on StubHub, all over the building, most for well under face. I bought a pair of floors for ~$30 all-in, shipped with UPS, which surprised me (the price, the fact they were hard tickets, and the free UPS). I just checked again (it's Thursday night now, the show is Saturday) and almost all of the tickets are gone. There are a few dozen still up, all well above face. There is no way that all of those tickets sold since the last time I checked. Something is off, or at least there's more going on than people trying to unload extras or brokers cutting their losses. I talked to a buddy who knows the industry better than I do, and he suspects that the venue / promoter unloaded a ton onto StubHub for a pittance to try to boost attendance, then pulled them after a few days. That seems like the only logical explanation to me.

I just checked again before posting this and now it seems the StubHub website is down. So maybe this is a glitch on their end? Who knows. Anyway...ummm...something something tinfoil hat.

Edited by Hartamophone

1 hour ago, dave-O said:

Yeah I watched this StubHub nonsense play out in real time. One minute there are literally hundreds of tickets available below $20 US, the next minute there are only a handful of seats listed at $200+.

I`ve never seen anything quite like it. There are plenty of tickets still available from the venue (including GA pits), so I`m thinking my buddy was right and that the flood of cheapies on StubHub was an attempt to boost numbers at a undersold show.