Jambands.ca

Adams and Mayer and Weir, oh my!

edger

Am I the only RA fan who feels the quality of his work as been steadily declining through the last few records? Some good tracks here and there but overall just not that strong imo. Sort of looking forward to this years 3 releases but I thought doylestown girl was weak...

Edited by deranger

The guys is a prolific songwriter, not all of it is gold, but I like how his music has progressed in recent years. I thought Prisoner was a great album. Both Prisoner and the b-sides album have a handful of beautifully crafted songs that I love. I'm not crazy about the new song with John Mayer on it, but the Mayer solo is nice. Curious to see what comes of the Bobby stuff!

"Am I the only RA fan who feels the quality of his work as been steadily declining through the last few records? Some good tracks here and there but overall just not that strong imo."

You are not the only one, including board members who have a similar opinion yet havent shared it on this website. 

Devo is right. We are very lucky to have someone offering us songs seemingly non-stop. I hate to say this but it is something I believe......modern-day Phish would be a ton better if they could somewhat create songs like shitty Ryan Adams songs. I suppose that is also why we can argue about these ideals that will rarely show a winner.