Jambands.ca

King Gizzard in Montreal

Velvet

I don't see a Toronto date: 

We are bringing our new show, new songs & new visuals to the USA & CAN in August, 2019. Tickets on sale: Fri 8th Feb: 9am PST, 12pm noon EST. 
See you on the road 🤘

USA & CANADA 2019

8/13 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre 
8/14 - San Francisco, CA - SVN West 
8/15 - San Francisco, CA - SVN West 
8/16 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theater
8/17 - Vancouver, BC - Harbour Event Centre 
8/18 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre 
8/20 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot 
8/21 - Denver, CO - TBA 
8/23 - Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theater
8/24 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom 
8/26 - Montreal, QC - Olympia 
8/27 - New Haven, CT - College Street Music Hall 
8/28 - New York, NY - SummerStage, Central Park
8/30 - Philadelphia, PA - Franklin Music Hall 
8/31 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club 
9/01 - Asheville, NC - New Belgium Brewing Company
9/02 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle 
9/03 - New Orleans, LA - Joy Theater
9/04 - Austin, TX - Stubb’s Austin
9/06 - Dallas, TX - The Bomb Factory

Get tickets for the MTL show Jaimoe because this wont be something you will want to miss. They played the same MTL venue last time while the show/performance will bring you to your knees. We can get a hotel room together, I am no longer a wookie - shoot me a text and I will get tickets plus a room for us you little bitch, we can get a room with 2 separate beds. This is an Australian band you don't want to miss. You schooled me on which made me fall in love with Soundtrack Of Our Lives? I still owe you one and it's these guys. Zero hyperbole. 

This is a fantastic venue and for this show I am not going to keep drinking until close to showing up time. I want to be up on the balcony. Get a crew up there early, save seats when someone grabs a beer while standing in seemingly non-existent lines, and fucking rage Planet Of The Apes style. Pure psychedelic rock minus any noodly jams you despise. Completely minus. In and out solos. This is a group mind with a feeling of stream of consciousness thing. "Are they making this up on the fly?" - my guess is no but you never know at times because shit gets melodically weird in beautiful fashion.

They are brilliant. I have now seen them twice and cant imagine them pulling off a dud, let alone walking away with my jaw on the ground. 

bestmoviedawnoftheplanetoftheapesjpeg-6e

Edited by Booche

Having said that, no pressure ;-)

I get it if you cant do this show. When I went to see you in TO for Soundtrack Of Our Lives neither of us were thinking we would ever become fathers. Times/responsibilities have changed. 

Having said that, where is the footage from the after party? 100 percent they got a close up of me on camera. That shit was lit and I was a Christmas tree ;-)

"We would like to thank you for all the hash you have provided. You Canadians know how to party!" 

Edited by Booche

On 2/7/2019 at 11:41 PM, Booche said:

Having said that, no pressure 😉

I get it if you cant do this show. When I went to see you in TO for Soundtrack Of Our Lives neither of us were thinking we would ever become fathers. Times/responsibilities have changed. 

Having said that, where is the footage from the after party? 100 percent they got a close up of me on camera. That shit was lit and I was a Christmas tree ;-)

"We would like to thank you for all the hash you have provided. You Canadians know how to party!" 

You took the selfie close-up picture of you and Ebbot. I don't know if there's footage of the aftershow @ The Elmo, but there must be other photos floating around. I chatted with guitarist Mattias for quite a while and he promised and delivered "Mantra Slider". Maybe I can go to Montreal, but I'll have to try my luck getting a ticket down the road.

There was a huge big-ass video camera following him around with a scary white light. That shocked me  to my soul and that is why I remember the entire moment. 

I was lucky to get a selfie with him, with a digi-camera,  simply because I was wasted enough to think about trying.......this was pre-cellphone era but there is 'other' footage out there. Those fuckers were annihilated and did not play at all like they had for the show we bought concert tickets for and they werent playing their show material, it was other stuff. They were filming it. That is why I want to see it. I certainly dont want to see me because I was fucked the fuck up. 

#sorryforhighjacking

Edited by Booche

10 hours ago, Booche said:

There was a huge big-ass video camera following him around with a scary white light. That shocked me  to my soul and that is why I remember the entire moment. 

I was lucky to get a selfie with him, with a digi-camera,  simply because I was wasted enough to think about trying.......this was pre-cellphone era but there is 'other' footage out there. Those fuckers were annihilated and did not play at all like they had for the show we bought concert tickets for and they werent playing their show material, it was other stuff. They were filming it. That is why I want to see it. I certainly dont want to see me because I was fucked the fuck up. 

#sorryforhighjacking

If any other killer live band is worthy of hijacking a King Gizzard thread, it's the late-great TSOOL.

As much as I love those Swedish bastards, and other Scandinavian fucks via that ilk, you haven't a claim in making said proclamation. TSOOL were amazing but those days are long gone. Time to move on, time to move forward.

Perhaps you should see the Gizzies in concert while also realizing some of the best modern day psychedelic in your face rock, that induces crowd surfing and mosh pits,  is coming from those prison invested slaves from Australia. I dont even know who I would see if they had a gig on the same night? Tame Impala or King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard? But I feel like I do know one thing I would bet a pay-cheque on. 

You would prefer King Gizzard.  

People on this board............if you can get a ticket to the MTL show on August 26th then get it and worry about the details, hotel and shit, later because they wont matter. This band is something that you have never seen. I know we are old and I know you will hear comparisons to other music/bands you love but when they go into the light of their OWN? That is when shit gets lit. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully someone ends up realizing that NW's tickets are totally worth the cost of admission. In related news.........a snippet from Trey's latest interview with Rolling Stone, seems like his taste in music is still on point......

Lately, you’ve been doing solo acoustic tours, Phish, TAB and now Ghosts of the Forest. What drives you?

I think the risk makes me feel alive. Change is the one thing you can count on. Everything is turning and changing all the time. There’s a lot of music tours on the road now that are from, like, Seventies nostalgia? A lot. And that’s great. And yet, it’s over. I mean, I want to hear King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, which is all I listen to now. I’m just obsessed with these guys. I mean, they put out five albums last year and they’re cool. I’d rather hear something new. I feel blessed that the fact that so much of what Phish does is improvised means that’s built into our whole thing. Every night is going to become new.