Jambands.ca

Stones in Toronto June 29????

Velvet

No, it's that and getting the hell out and home in a relatively painless time-frame, which will be unlikely to impossible (but my coworker thinks the organizers may try to close off surrounding concession roads to act as feeders, which could lesson the pain). The route out will be jammed since there's really only one way out, and then one highway to and from the field. There is no way to get there but by car (no public transit), and everyone will be drinking, so I can't imagine there won't be long police checks.

Well tickets for GA grass (majority of the venue) were changing in real time. Almost bought at $119 a tic but then when checking out they had magically changed to $179 + a ticket. I let those go on principle.  Now the lowest GA ticket appears to be sitting at $199. I'm going to take my chances and wait. Parking is almost another $40.  

On 2/11/2019 at 12:57 PM, Jaimoe said:

No, it's that and getting the hell out and home in a relatively painless time-frame, which will be unlikely to impossible (but my coworker thinks the organizers may try to close off surrounding concession roads to act as feeders, which could lesson the pain). The route out will be jammed since there's really only one way out, and then one highway to and from the field. There is no way to get there but by car (no public transit), and everyone will be drinking, so I can't imagine there won't be long police checks.

I have a friend who lives in that area, we used to go to the auto flea market that is held on the grounds. He charged people to park on his property during the boots and hearts fest, and told them all the money was going to a fund residents had set up to block the site from expanding. He warned that parking anywhere not permitted (signed as festival parking) could get you towed and towing cost are not cheap, especially during the festival, and that not all the towing companys hired those weekends/events are local, so your car could end up a lot further (like a different town) than the designated parking. The city by-law folks are also cracking down on residents who rent out parking on their property (it's against residential by-laws), so even though you paid some one you could still get towed (though not confirmed). The festival submits transit plans ( approved routes, parking etc) to the city. The routes approved are strictly enforced.

There was only one way in and out (as you mentioned). If you are attending and take a route not set out to avoid the traffic and are stopped by OPP or festival workers you'll get turned back to 11 highway. Which can make a slow go even more frustrating since there is usually a slow crawl on those routes as well, making you're journey even longer.. His advice was just stick to the routes/parking set out by city & festival organizers, otherwise you'll be in for a longer and bigger headache. My buddy says its bad enough during the festvals that he parks his car at friends place a couple kms away and travels by bicycle to get to it. But since its not a full weekend deal it may not be as bad as the above sounds.

Edited by Esau.

On February 13, 2019 at 10:58 AM, edger said:

Well tickets for GA grass (majority of the venue) were changing in real time. Almost bought at $119 a tic but then when checking out they had magically changed to $179 + a ticket. I let those go on principle.  Now the lowest GA ticket appears to be sitting at $199. I'm going to take my chances and wait. Parking is almost another $40.  

Just had the same thing happen.

And when I did get 119s, it said i could not purchase tickets with my device. Grr.

Edited by phorbesie

I got through the que at 10:07 and didnt even see the cheaper ticket option.

$179 base price plus fees and parking came to almost $220 per ticket for General Admission. Crazy! Tickets are still available at that price, I would be very pissed if they lower the prices because they didnt sell out after raising the price.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely!

My son is choked but we shall see how things pan out.

It seems the stats suggest that a heart valve replacement is pretty routine but nothing to sneeze at in my books!

I hope he gets healthy enough to get one more tour in esp ecially because anything I've read suggests that's where he wants to be.