Jambands.ca

Woodstock 50 lineup out

Davey Boy 2.0

On 3/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, Northern Wish said:

If this was the Bluefest lineup, we'd be freaking out!

Loads of good stuff in there but not enough to get me back to The Glen with 60,000 others.

True enough. I would be pretty happy - thrilled, even! - to be able to ride my bike to this festival after work every night. Lots of good stuff on here, but not enough to tempt me to make the trek. Also, as a three-day festival lineup it seems a little cobbled together and uneven, but then again so do I. 

1 hour ago, Jay Funk Dawg said:

good to see some original Woodstock performers on this, (Dead & Co of course) but also Country Joe, Canned Heat, Santana... 

Although Canned Heat are sans leaders (and lead vocalists) Al Wilson and The Bear. At least The Zombies will be with Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone. 

23 hours ago, Jay Funk Dawg said:

I can't imagine the ticket prices to be very cheap, I guess we'll know soon.

I was in a back-and-forth about this very topic on Twitter. I’m calling $350 plus camping fees  as the cheapest option, up to a bajillion dollars for super magical endangered tiger VIP packages. Some people were using the Phish Watkins prices as a guideline, but I don’t think this will be comparable in that regard. 

There are tons of great acts lined up for this one. I am kinda shocked, to be honest. 

I think the main issue is that summer has become 'festival' season and there are so many that devoted music fans, such as the group who are reading my reply, see/read artistic lineups which almost bounce off us and mean nothing. Day Two is sick and you get Jay-Z closing it the following day. Dawes seems hidden and they are a great band everyone on this board, who I know, would be pleasantly surprised with seeing because ya'll would love'em.

#psychedaboutJasonIsbellatBluesfest

Edited by Booche

15 hours ago, Booche said:

There are tons of great acts lined up for this one. I am kinda shocked, to be honest. 

...Dawes seems hidden and they are a great band everyone on this board, who I know, would be pleasantly surprised with seeing because ya'll would love'em.

Every time I hear of Dawes I mistake them for Foals, probably because I saw them back-to-back at a festival once.  

Foals was so bad at that festival I wanted to beat them up and I wanted to beat up the people that signed them, and the people that produced their records, and I even wanted to beat up their guitar tech.  Having them play at the festival was a horrible, horrible waste of time, not to mention electricity.  I never thought that innocent musical notes could be put together so atrociously.

• 4 weeks later...

When they announced the lineup and had the ticket onsale date set for weeks in advance I was suspicious.  When does that happen?!?!

Well, seems like they are having problems down there.  The Black Keys have pulled out, the fest doesn't have the proper permits yet, and now they've postponed the ticket sales.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/04/woodstock-50-ticket-postponement/

A spokesperson for Woodstock 50's financial partner says the Woodstock 50 festival has been canceled.

And Schuyler County Administrator Tim O'Hearn said in an email that he received notification that the event is being cancelled. Woodstock 50 was scheduled to be held Aug. 16-18 in Watkins Glen, Schuyler County. 

But organizers for the 2019 Woodstock festival say this is false and the concert will be held. 

"Woodstock 50 vehemently denies the festival's cancellation and legal remedy will (be) sought," a statement from Woodstock 50 said. 

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2019/04/29/woodstock-50-cancellation-argument/3616705002/

"This could be the worst publicity ploy ever devised."

I am sure you must recall this one Northern Wish, which forces the following questions: 

Has our collective short-term memory become so poor we forget about things like the Frye Festival? If you really think about it, the POTUS plays off that motif all the time so what does anyone really remember? 

Edited by Booche

14 hours ago, Booche said:

"This could be the worst publicity ploy ever devised."

I am sure you must recall this one Northern Wish, which forces the following questions: 

Has our collective short-term memory become so poor we forget about things like the Frye Festival? If you really think about it, the POTUS plays off that motif all the time so what does anyone really remember? 

Sure I remember it but it doesn't even stick in my mind as a music festival. Ain't no shame in that I guess, considering it was just Ja Rule and Blink 182 and some djs. That would be like calling the alley behind Queen St W an art gallery because there is a Banksy there ;)