Jambands.ca

Who's going to see The Stones?

Velvet

Me, me, me, me!  My son has been so stoked for some time now. Looks like good weather. Wish the opening bands felt a little more enticing. Could have gone for a Blue Rodeo or something. I've heard Dwayne Gretzky (after show) is very fun, but we'll probably high tail it out of there. 

Sooo...what did you guys think?

I had a fun show. So many legendary songs. I thought Mick seemed incredibly healthy all considered. My highlights were the Angie, Dead Flowers acoustic bit plus Midnight Rambler, honkey tonk woman, brown sugar plus so many classics. 

But Jaimoe you were right I thought the venue was very poorly run. Too bad as the site itself seems decent. Tonnes of room which inevitably filled. I don't even want to admit how long I stood in line for a t-shirt. Only reason I did so was for my son. Ended up not eating at all from 3 on as the lineups were so bad (literally hours) and so few vendors and washrooms for the crowd. To be so under resourced and then not allow people to bring in food or drink and have no water filling stations is shameful. Made me wonder whether the organisers actually ever attend large festival's.

But the weather was beautiful and my son was so joyful and pumped about it. He knew how special it was.

I actually thought the beaches and glorious son's were pretty good. Those women rocked it. The lead singer for glorious sons had a bit of a Shannon Hoon vibe going on I thought. Some decent melodies going on. I had never even really heard of them before but the crowd seemed to be very familiar with them where I was situated. During their set we were behind some brahs that were diggin it so much it was hard not to crack a smile and hop on their happy anthem train.

Not sure what would bring me back to the venue but so glad I was able to be there for this and share it with my son. And super grateful I was able to head north east at the end. I can't imagine the level of nightmare Toronto bound traffic would have been.

Oh and the Gimme Shelter was also great. I thought the female vocalist owned it. Despite the guy behind me mowing over top of it (and many other songs). Oh and I somehow didn't know that Karl Denson played with them! That was a sweet surprise. The brass in general was great 

Edited by edger

I was at the show too.  The set list was great and although it was a shit show trying to get out of there I was still happy with the concert.

Was really happy to hear some deep cuts like "Before the Make Me Run" --- I grew up on the Some Girls album, my parents would play on all our family trips.

I was supposed to see them back in 1994 on the Voodoo Lounge tour at The CNE Stadium ... . Stone Temple Pilots were opening.  

I was living out near Cobourg for the summer working at a Provincial Park and my Greyhound bus was late leaving and I missed meeting up with my friends who had the tickets.  Pre-cell phone days made it near impossible to just show up and meet-up with them. 

Here's the set list: