Jambands.ca

FREE! Fri. July 19th : Tribute to Studio One w/ Otis Gayle backed by Reggaddiction and Friends at Beaches Jazz Festival Woodbine Park

Jay Funk Dawg

TRIBUTE TO STUDIO ONE
w/ OTIS GAYLE backed REGGADDICTION
ft. special guests King Selah, Jay Cleary, Fingazz 
and Terell Jervis of House of David Gang

54a45541-3140-43b6-b5cc-1a010cb936a2.jpg

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - 7 PM - 9 PM
Studio One Tribute 
28b16fde-89ad-4bef-9eeb-e76d99343b0e.jpg
Otis Gayle (Studio One Artist & Reggae Legend) & Reggadiction 
+ special guests King Selah, Terell Jervis & Jay Cleary of House of David Gang and Dizzy Minott of the Arsenals 
_ DJs JChameleon
 & Selectress Sunshine
Beaches Jazz Festival OLG Mainstage - Woodbine Park -1695 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M4L 1G7
FREE !

Family Friendly, Delicious Food & Beer Garden
Accessible by TTC (501 along Queen St. E), Paid Parking on site, tables, and chairs + dancing area.
presented by NuFunk Concerts

Festival Site Details / Facebook Link

Studio One is one of Jamaica's most renowned record labels and recording studios, having been described as the Motown of Jamaica. The record label was involved with most of the major music movements in Jamaica during the 1960s and 1970s including ska, rocksteady, reggae, dub and dancehall.

43254ed6-eee3-4569-81a5-b30c93dd9926.jpg

Otis Gayle is an original Reggae artist from the legendary Studio One Label. Born in Kingston, Jamaica, Otis Gayle began his musical career as a vocalist with The Virtues. Otis performed with the group on the international circuit and in 1968 settled in Canada.  Otis Gayle has opened for many notable such as Barry White, Joe Tex and Jackie Mittoo, Ben E King, Beres Hammond, Queen Ifrica, Dennis Brown and many more. By the start of the millennium Gayle had built a solid reputation as a showman releasing such tracks such as: Follow Your Dreams, Give A Little More Love, He Is My Friend, Love Is A Thing, Man On A Mission, One Day, Gayles interpretation of I'll Be Around and his latest coming soon and raising up the charts in an explosive way The Closer I Get To You.

Otis Gayle recorded the hit I'll be Around at Studio One with Jackie Mitto, later used by Chronixx for the songQueen Majesty.

05f2e5cd-c6bf-4cc2-b01d-8eed9f96d208.jpg

backed by Reggaddiction 
www.reggaddiction.com

Delivering cross-over vibes, refreshing vocal harmonies and powerful instrumental riddims, Reggaddiction is one of the top new bands within the Canadian reggae scene. Single releases from the band’s highly anticipated upcoming Neil Young reggae tribute album, Ganja Harvest, has received stellar reviews and national airplay on CBC Radio. The band opened up for the legendary Sister Nancy in early 2019 and is currently planning an upcoming album tour.

Reggaddiction Live at Adelaide Hall opening for Sister Nancy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Jay,

I don't know how to pm here so I'll just write to you in this thread hoping you'll see this.  I came into possession of Bradm’s prodigious stack of live recordings, a pile that includes 800+ master discs and I'm trying to return them to the artists.  Among this pile is a couple of Diesel Dog shows.  Would you like them?  Otherwise, with your permission I’ll pass them on to a local music fan.  (I also have a couple of shows by High Plains Drifter)

If you want them, email me at tsnelgrove at rogers dot calm and we'll figure it out.

Keep on rockin’ in the free world,

Todd

Edited by Velvet

I'd be interested in any recordings of House of David Gang, High Plains Drifter, Aaron MacDonald Band ... 

I could help pass along Diesel Dog recordings.

I believe BradM recorded Fertile Ground, The Slip, JSB, GTB shows that I was a part of.... although I think many of those are up on etree. 

Definitely open to getting some of those recordings, thanks for thinking of me .  I'll send you this as an email now.

BIG UPS TO BRADM! 

Edited by Jay Funk Dawg