Jambands.ca

TAB with Derek Trucks at Lockn last night (Fri. 8/23)

Hartamophone

That was ridiculous last night but holyfuckballs...........tonight's TTB second set with Trey covering Derek and the Dominos Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs was fucking god-damn........I dunno the adjective to use. It was so perfect and somehow blew last night out of the water. How is that even possible? 

"I'll be the judge of all of your thoughts, hold on..."

If you are unwilling to agree with us CunTowns I will mock you while I enjoy slicing your skin and organs with a shiv that will employ pain rather than potential death.

Dont be a moron, else prepare yourself to enjoy bleeding out.

#notupfordebate

Edited by Booche

On 8/27/2019 at 10:09 PM, Booche said:

"I'll be the judge of all of your thoughts, hold on..."

If you are unwilling to agree with us CunTowns I will mock you while I enjoy slicing your skin and organs with a shiv that will employ pain rather than potential death.

Dont be a moron, else prepare yourself to enjoy bleeding out.

#notupfordebate

I can agree it was a great set and I loved it and love that album. I personally think Trucks sitting in with TAB was the better set as far as a guest guitarist sitting in goes. Trucks plays better with other guitarists than Trey does. 

"I can agree it was a great set and I loved it and love that album. I personally think Trucks sitting in with TAB was the better set as far as a guest guitarist sitting in goes. Trucks plays better with other guitarists than Trey does. "

Totally agree that Trucks plays better with other guitarists compared to Trey. That's pretty much a given in my world. Derek Trucks is an otherworldly guitar player, much like Trey used to be. Derek's sit in with TAB will compete against ANY other guitar player who has sat in with any of Trey's projects, including Phish. It is that good. 

Buuuuuuuuuuut............the following night brought the destructive forces of nature, to me anyways. They covered an album that is one of the ventricles to Derek Trucks heart, even if he has never publicly stated that. It is a massive part of his framework and it fucking smoked from start to finish. I love TAB and have been fighting/debating fans for years at how great I think they are but realistically the songs Trey did on the Friday night cant compete with the ones he played on Saturday night. Better songs are better songs. 

The best part about all of this discussion is that both nights are wonderfully inspiring. 

Love that you watched/listened to them C-Towns. I am gonna throw on some of Trey's set with Derek Trucks, for the 3rd time at least, right now because I loved that shit. 

#kindawantedtoshivCTownsforthehellofit

• 1 month later...