Jambands.ca

Greg Hemmings hunting for Wook 17 from A Head's Tale

bouche

• bouche changed the title to Greg Hemmings hunting for Wook 17 from A Head's Tale
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't Greg start a thread here re: this topic way way back, not long after film release? Shame he hasn't had any luck all these years.

I remember being at Greg's house in Saint John a couple days before 'A Head's Tale' was released and he was showing us the film, asking if we knew any of the folks names he had lost/didn't get. This being one of them.

Edited by Esau.

Its been a long time since I watched the film and admittedly, I haven't watched the entire video above (so no idea if this is mentioned or not), but for some reason, I thought what was known was his first name was Dan. I could be completely off here as its been a long time since I thought about this stuff.

Didn't the wook 17 label (they were all numbered) come-about from some website that was dedicated to making fun of the touring and wasted folks within the lot scenes of GD/Phish and other jambands in general? I forget its name now, but remember it was a mix of slight humor with general nasty/mean comments?

I hope Greg gets it sorted though. I seem to recall he wasn't happy/felt bad, about the whole wook 17 label and wanted to set things straight.

21 hours ago, Esau. said:

Didn't the wook 17 label (they were all numbered) come-about from some website that was dedicated to making fun of the touring and wasted folks within the lot scenes of GD/Phish and other jambands in general? I forget its name now, but remember it was a mix of slight humor with general nasty/mean comments?

Yes I have a vague recollection of this as well. Didn't 'Uncle Ted' end up with his mug on that site as well? I think it was actually a photo from ghost town. 

By the way Greg do you remember that first come together. We all drove up in your van. Arrived in the dark and was trying to park somewhere in the perimeter. Whichever hippy was navigating you as we backed in ended up getting you wedged between two trees. Lol. That was a great weekend. I think I drove your van on from there to the Gleesons' chalet in Thornbury/Collingwood. More good times. That seems like a lifetime ago.

On 5/29/2021 at 7:01 AM, edger said:

Yes I have a vague recollection of this as well. Didn't 'Uncle Ted' end up with his mug on that site as well? I think it was actually a photo from ghost town. 

By the way Greg do you remember that first come together. We all drove up in your van. Arrived in the dark and was trying to park somewhere in the perimeter. Whichever hippy was navigating you as we backed in ended up getting you wedged between two trees. Lol. That was a great weekend. I think I drove your van on from there to the Gleesons' chalet in Thornbury/Collingwood. More good times. That seems like a lifetime ago.

I remember that weekend, forget who it was though that steered me into that spot (Skerny most likely..lol). Lent you my tent (or someone anyway) and proceeded to fall into after setting it up. Pretty sure Amber has/had some pics from that weekend. You did drive to Bren's (only person I ever let drive my van too!) - I remember Doug Feaver being upset with me thinking I was going to be driving, but I was only moving the van out from between the trees (wasn't that straight-forward). I may even have some video footage from the chalet still. Great people and great weekend all around, so much fun. Definitely feels like a lifetime ago.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:36 AM, Esau. said:

I remember that weekend, forget who it was though that steered me into that spot (Skerny most likely..lol). Lent you my tent (or someone anyway) and proceeded to fall into after setting it up. Pretty sure Amber has/had some pics from that weekend. You did drive to Bren's (only person I ever let drive my van too!) - I remember Doug Feaver being upset with me thinking I was going to be driving, but I was only moving the van out from between the trees (wasn't that straight-forward). I may even have some video footage from the chalet still. Great people and great weekend all around, so much fun. Definitely feels like a lifetime ago.

Lol....classic. My bets on Skern too lol.  Also, I remember once at the chalet, Bren coudn't get enough of playing to himself in the mirror after he had freshly touched up his frosty tips bwahahah......"Hey you guys do you mind moving over? You're blocking the reflection of my frosty tips".....Oh to be one's own muse.  Pretty sure I slept under the staircase...all class.