Jambands.ca

Golden Feather

HaMike

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This show was fantastic. Beautiful brand new venue that the Hammer so desperately needs as with time we've lost a lot of spaces.

The band was new to me. Super tight, great originals, you can feel the Dead and Allmans influence when they open things up. An engaging and captivating frontman and I was really impressed by their multinstrumentalist keyboard player who also busted out the fiddle and acoustic guitar. Great harmonies all around and a packed enthusiastic crowd. 

I honestly had almost forgotten what it's like. Grateful.

• 3 months later...

I'll see whoever from this board that's going tonight I guess.  It'll be my first live music show in over 3, maybe 4 years.

I'll be the guy who looks kinda like the Esau ya'll knew, but  just a cigarette free, sorta sober 65lbs lighter version.

Edited by Esau.

Esau sighting confirmed! So good to see you and congrats on the quality  changes you've made for yourself.

The band sounded great yet again, so tight. They remind me of various bands as they navigate their set plain. I hear a lot of Circles Around the Sun and Dawes and the GD

Props to deeps and his crew for the very cool Winterfest set up. The band was playing in this heated plastic geodesic dome thing that was fogging up, I dont think the band could really see out of it. Thankfully Sqeegiante was there to roll away the dew. It was chilly but the grooving kept me warm enough.

What a fun night. Golden Feather is great. I really enjoyed the show - the music is original with a great vibe, but has a aura of familiarity to it that I really enjoyed. Loved the West LA cover, I know there is a good vid floating around of that (on FB I believe). They also did a Ween cover, though I forget the name. I look forward to seeing them again, though perhaps in a warmer setting.

The whole set up at Auchmar House was pretty sweet - I loved the domes. Such a great way to present a live show in a setting/weather etc like that. Props to all involved.

Due to health issues of my own, I had already been basically social distancing and whatnot for a year or so previous to 2020, so for me this was a really stressful evening. For the first time in over 3 years I was among more than a dozen people at one time, and it wasn't in a hospital/medical setting - it was awesome.

Loved seeing, talking and dancing with so many folks at the show I haven't seen in years. Wish I could have spoke with some folks more. Next time. Cheers to c-towns for hosting with a live Phish stream afterwards, fuck its been a long time since I did anything like that and it felt awesome, even though my nerves finally got the best of me eventually.. Very much appreciated.

2022-02-25-20-10-47-Copy.jpg

[edit to add]

If anyone ends up having an extra for the Casbah show, please keep me in mind. I could use one. Cheers.

Edited by Esau.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Esau, I have an extra ticket at cost($22.23) for Golden Feather and Monte Carlo Band tomorrow, Friday, March 25. I live in Hamilton if you want to get the ticket sooner than later. Cheers!

I have up to 4 tickets if anyone else is interested. Unfortunately I have to work and friends bailed. I'll check back here this afternoon.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, HaMike said:

Hi Esau, I have an extra ticket at cost($22.23) for Golden Feather and Monte Carlo Band tomorrow, Friday, March 25. I live in Hamilton if you want to get the ticket sooner than later. Cheers!

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday to see this. Very much appreciate the offer but I've secured a ticket. I hope you're able to find folks for those.

Thanks again HaMike - not sure we've met, tough I think we have. My apology's if I'm forgetting - I'm in Hamilton too fwiw.

• 3 months later...

One week from today Festival of Friends three day format returns to Gage Park in Hamilton.  Its free and Golden Feather will play at 6 30 pm ,Friday, July 29 on the Main Stage. I'm excited to hear them through a festival size P.A. !

• 3 months later...