Jambands.ca

QotD 27 Feb 2003

arcane

Miles Davis, the Dark Magus album. It's got that "scorched earth", swirling maelstrom thing going on; I chose it because I had a heap of work to do this week, which required a blanket of pink noise to cover up any nonessential distractions.

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. arcane, it's considered part of the QotD protocol for the poser of the QotD to provide his/her/its/their own answer to the Q. What's your soundtrack?

The soundtrack to my life as of late (and the lives of those around me) is a newgrass tune called Morning Glory, by the Marc Atkinson Trio. I've never heard the song, I've never even heard the band, but I've been learning this song out of a magazine for months, and I just finished the monster. Now to spend a few months getting it up to speed...

Daa...da da dudedadudedudada Da de Da de deh de da de Dum!

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

P.S. arcane, it's considered part of the QotD protocol for the poser of the QotD to provide his/her/its/their own answer to the Q. What's your soundtrack?

Yeah, I figured I'd get a few responses first. That, and I haven't quite decided yet.

Contenders:

• "The Gunfighter"—Blues Traveler

• "I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You"—Alan Parsons Project (nothing personal there, Brad)

• "Sat In Your Lap"—Kate Bush

• "Song Of Solomon"—Kate Bush

Still thinkin' ...

After replying to the thought of the day, I can't get Spirit of the West out of my head.

Their song "Home for a Rest" would be a great representation of my life! Upbeat, crazy, impossible to resist, and the lyrics fit to a tee! Last week I didn't sleep at my apartment for four days in a row...life has become one big party and I seem to be at the centre of the vortex! I love it!

Archived