Jambands.ca

My take on Cdn NHL team playoff hopes (njbc)

PhishyK

Hey Canadian hockey lovers!!

I'm glad you all love my West Coast analogy of things NHL. I know... I'm totally slanted to the West... but I'm from Vangroover!! The C's rule this year... President's Trophy by year's end to make up for '94!! Of course I'm exaggerating, but really, everyone outside of the Capital knows the Nucks would kill the Sens in a playoff atmosphere... the Leafs would be a chore... but not one of those chores that seem like it!! LOL!! Anyways... we'll talk soon, just had our last show of the weekend and I'm hangin at my visuals guy's place. He has cool new shit he wants to show me...so I'm out!! You all got sick visuals going out East? By the way... in typical West Coast fashion... we're starting what you call "seamless sets" next month... except we're calling them "set blenders". Be in touch... show your love all!! Keep Canjam rolling!!

Peace.

Keither

Well, on Saturday night, my Sens demonstrated why they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding in the playoffs. Losing to Tampa Bay? That's awful. My only hope is for Muckler to make some REAL trades before the 11th. That Verada deal ain't gonna cut it.

Minus 43 today in Ottawa with the windchill. How is it in Vancouver? [Razz]

Hey Bro.

Just got home... lovely drive with all the wonderful moving colors!! Just kidding... LOL!!! Today in Vancouver it was sunny and warm... a balmy 10 Celsius with a few showers here and there. Being a weatherman in Vancouver is the easiest job in the world... every day you can just say "cloudy, with sunny periods and a chance of showers" or "sunny, with cloudy periods and a chance of showers"!! We're working on West Coast Festivals for June right now... should have it out to you all very soon. Have you checked out Themasses show from Friday on Direct Connect yet? See the post from Weezy on this site (from Friday... "sounds from the West" )and HOOK IT UP!!!

be in touch.

Good night all... or good morning I suppose!!

Ottawa losing to Tampa Bay isn't embarrassing. TB is a good young team, loaded with hungry, not-yet-in-their-prime Canadian boys. I wouldn't want to face TB in the first round of the playoffs either. TB's Canadian players and the Stanley Cup mystique/quest should make potential playoff opponents nervous... that is if TB makes the playoffs.

The Varada deal on paper looks okay. Varada is a pest of a player - a poor-man's Esa Tikkanen ( but Vaclav's tougher, and not as good ). Varada is a good playoff performer and he really like to lay the body. Who knows? Vaclav may even inspire his new teammates to attempt some body-checks too - Re: Hossa, Bonk, Arvedson, White.

T-Bay is a more Canadian hockey team than Ottawa has ever been... or most likely WILL ever be. Same with the Maple Laughs. You guys are all WAY too Euro... But the Canucks? Only 7 non-Canadians on the entire roster. That's why we rule. If the Nucks were in the Eastern Conference we'd have at least a 20 point lead on 2nd place by now with such STRONG competition on a nightly basis!!

LOLOLOL!!!!!!

See you this Saturday Leaf lovers... I wouldn't make any celebration plans for post-game!!

My prediction...

Canucks 6

Leafs 3

Should be an exciting one for sure.

For starters the Senators should be in Hamilton and not in Kanata or what ever the hell it is. They'll go through the same thing they did this year in about 5 years again, and then they will be an american team. [Frown]

T.O. will easily beat Philly and then walk over the sens again. If they were not a bunch of

whiny Euro's that might help

I am an Oilers fan but as for my dislike for the Senators it has sure made me cheer for the Leafs in the playoffs. [Razz]

Go Leafs Go!!!!

I like the idea of Hamilton taking the sens,

I would much rather see Buffalo fold that way the only pressure on the new Hamilton team would be Tdot. The only problem is the NHL want Hamilton to put 40 million into Copps before they will even recognize the Hammer as a hockey town. My suggestion. Put the 40 million down and lets get a team in steel town.

I'd love to see a team in Hamilton, but I don't think it's realistic. The Hammer faithful have trouble supporting the Ti-Cats and the AHL Bull Dogs, and those tickets are of a decent price. I can't see Hamilton coming anywhere close to having enough of a fan-base ( and business base for luxury boxes ) to support an expensive franchise like an NHL team.

Archived