Jambands.ca

Help stop these damn tears of mine.

Ms.Huxtable

Sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I have two wonderful cats that are 2 years old and I don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to one of them. We have made them housecats just so they would never have an event with a car or anything else.

People that don't have animals can't understand the bond you make with an animal. Their distinct personalities, the noises they make, the way they walk, run, jump, sleep, etc. They are all so individual and wonderful.

I feel pain for you losing your cat and I don't even know you! I would hold off on getting rid of your kittie toys because you seem like the type of people who should have pets and give them the love they deserve and the toys will come in handy for the next cat you get. I can also see the downside on keeping the stuff around as it will remind you of your old cat, so maybe passing it on to someone else would be a good thing. You can always get another kittie condo later on.

I urge anyone who doesn't have enough pets to go out to your local shelter and adopt a cat or dog. They will be the best thing that has happened to you in a long time, and your life will be enriched.

Colin

I'm so sorry to hear this Ms. Hux. I think you met my cats (well probably Darwin anyway, Cole usually hides from strangers) when you were in TO last year. I adore my guys, and I'd be a wreck if anything happened to them. And I've also lost cats to old age and disease, so I have some idea what you're going through, although I know an accident happening to a young healthy animal is a different and more shocking thing. I'm also sorry I didn't get to meet Althea, she sounded like a sweet girl (like her master!)

Anyway big (((((((HUGS))))))) coming your way - and I agree with 'tube, Booche etc. that you shouldn't get rid of the cat toys.

Love,

Mr. M.

All you can do is grow. Of course it's horrible but you can always get another cat. you can't get another althea but you can get another cat.

when friends pass you'll always have the memories and wisdom they brought you.

I've seen my fair share of death and it always stuns me. Leaves me feeling a bit empty. You've just gotta fill that void with happiness and learning.

Sympathy from London!

Mike & Sharon

Sorry to hear about the loss of Althea. Although the time we spent together was brief, I'll always hold fond memories of hanging out with her at your place when we came up. I'll miss her (except the drunk face gouging, ouch!)

Lots of love,

Floyd

Thanks Floyd. I almost forgot that you had some time with our cat that one weekend when we were at a music festival.

She actually had calmed down quite a bit and was turning into a cat that would let you sleep without clawing at your head.

She was a freak as a little kitty, but she had become alot nicer and gentler. It was nice to notice the difference as she got older.

Yeah Dr.H, thanks for taking us in on the pop-over on the way home. It was st.patty's day and all.

I'm so sorry to hear this guys. She was a good kitty and couldn't have had two better owners. After having had to do that with Otis last fall, I know that feeling of helplessness when you realize there's only one option. Time will help heal your hurtin and when the time is right, I'm sure you'll be ready to bring another kiity into your home.

peace

hi Sharon and Mike-

sorry that you have to let go of something so special- kitties are a very special comfort.

Ever since Peter brought our kitties into my life I have a new appreciation for the unique personalities and form of affection cats offer.

Sorry to have never met Althea- may you cherish her memory and open your hearts (and your kitty tree) to the next kitty who needs you.

someone already mentioned this- but for sure you enriched her life as much as she may have enriched your life.

love tk

This is my first posting. I hope it helps....I really feel for your loss. I've had, and continue to have, many pets, and having to lose one is truly a grieving process.They are family members, to be loved and cherished.That is all they ask of us, and they return the favour to us many times over....Being a vet,I've been in the position of having to euthanize someone's pet far too often.It's a moment that pulls at your heartstrings.I often find myself fighting back tears,sometimes unsuccessfully.The strength of the human-animal bond is truly amazing,as you had with Althea.....Be comforted knowing that you provided a loving,caring home for her.I'm sure in the not too distant future another little furry creature will be lucky enough to call your house its home.....Take care.

knowing who you guys are I'm sure you enriched your cat's life greatly, and vice versa... I'd say your cat was lucky to be hangin out with you folks... we all go one day but ya, animals and humans can, and usually do, grow amazingly close to one another

so sorry to hear that guys

sharon and mike......i know tom already posted but i had to send you love and sympathy of my own. i am so very sorry that you lost your baby and i hope it brings at least the smallest amount of relief knowing that you made her life wonderful. and i hope you paint her portrait.

Losing a loved one is never easy, and a pet is often no different. From the sounds of this thread, Althea brought joy, entertainement and love into your life which can never truly be replaced. Your love for Althea shows in your caring decision. My sympathies and thoughts are with you.

Doc.

I just wanted to thank you all for such warm support. I wondered if it was appropriate to post about our loss, but as always, this community helps heal wounds and offers such loving hearts.

I am feeling a lot better today. I cried all day and night, scrubbed my house from top to bottom (something I do when I'm sad or angry, I think I got that from my mother) and I think I'm going to pull through okay.

Thanks again beautiful people. Kiss your pets today for me.

Archived