Jambands.ca

Neil Young on Conan O'brian tonight

Jakis

He didn't play. He was interviewed and he pimped his Greendale movie. Neil's doing promotion for it so you may see him interviewed a few more times in the near future.

I liked the interview. Neil is rarely interviewed and Conan is a big fan. Conan is the guy you'd want interviewing Neil.

definately. wish i caught that. i understand greendale is out in select theatres..doin short stints..any word on a mass release? or when it might be available for purchase?

love that he was interviewed, but how can you have one of the greatest musicians ever on your show and not have him play? thats too bad...

yeah, i wasnt counting on a wide release...was hoping to maybe see a few more canadian cities...oh well...

i dunno, maybe its just me, but what better way to promote your musical movie than to actually play a song from it? but you're right, neil probably didnt want to play. he's played a lot this year.

quote:

Neil probably didn't want to play. Also, since his movie is in select theatres, promoting it takes top priority.

Due to some family obligations last night I was unable to catch this.Was there any mention of where Greendale will be showing?

Well, I'd say check your local listings Greg. It would have been great if Neil announced: " Ya Conan, Greendale will be playing in Hamilton Ontario starting next Friday, then it goes wide everywhere ".

Actually, it's playing Toronto's Carleton Theatre on March 26th ( next Friday ); my birthday. I'll be at Booche's in Ottawa, so I'll miss the premier. I hope you can make it?

quote:

It would have been great if Neil announced: " Ya Conan, Greendale will be playing in Hamilton Ontario starting next Friday, then it goes wide everywhere ".

Thanks,but I wasn't quite meaning it like that.

I meant what cities is all.Since that is the usual way these type of films are promoted.

quote:

it's playing Toronto's Carleton Theatre on March 26th

Thats about all I needed to know.

Archived