Shooting Star

Summer Days

(encore)

Cat's in the Well

Like a Rolling Stone

All Along the Watchtower

* = First time this tour.

>>Tour Stats

I didn't get to catch Friday or Saturdays show but last night was the best Dylan show I've seen in 5 years! Who gives a shit if it's the same encore?!?! I didn't show up hoping for a bitchin' encore... the set was amazing! Dylan sounded great and remembered the words to most of the songs. It was great seeing him in an environment that doesn't feel like being in a morgue. The crowd was singing along, dancing and having a great time with the exception of a few grandpas complaining about dope, dancing and singing along! Dylans band played exceptionally well, it's great to see them jam on a few of the newer tunes like Summer Days.

After that set... it could've been NO encore and I would've left with an ear to ear grin [big Grin]

I wish I could have made any one of these shows myself.

But I can see how people would be disappointed with that,I know I am rather surprised/disapointed by the repetitive encores myself.

Although,at least its his own music people pay to go see. [big Grin]

It was a good show, but....

Once again the Kool Haus didn't fail to deliver a horrible concert experience. As per expectation there was the pushing and shoving, the waste-oids passing out in the crowd, the obnoxious wasted sing alongers (I paid to hear dylan sing, not you loosers, and by the way Dylan ain't singing like *that* anymore), lousy sound, and add to that the fact that it was simply impoosible to see the band over the crowd...

Once I resigned myself to defeat, and shut my eyes in attempt to focus on the music, it was better. Dylan's band is fantastic, and Dylan's singing was good 85% of the time. He also played some great harp solo's. "Tweedle dee", "Just like a woman", "Tom Thumb's Blues", and "Watchtower" were among my highlights.

I wish I could have seen this show in a Massey Hall like environs, that would be SICK!

.....I saw friday's show, and you could tell the band was tired last night, few missed cues, etc. (at one point Bob covered his eyes with his hands in displeasure)

Still a smokin show, and if you waited in line for 2 hours, and got to the front, you could see it all.

Hey Cyber, sorry, that was me belting out the '75 version of Just Like a Woman..... [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

W H Y - D O - P E O P L E - D E L E T E - T H E I R - P O S T S ? ? ? ? ?

coward

why do people ask questions they already believe they know the answer to? just say it straight.

i think you're wrong, but i'm not sure. nobody knows but the man himself. i asked him the same thing but didn't really understand his answer.

either way, i think anyone who's taken this much interest in it has already wasted more of their lifetime on this beautiful planet on a trivial insignificant nothing than is healthy (myself included). go do something worthwhile.

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

Great show. Kinda wish there woulda been at least one tune that featured the piano more prominantly, but a great show nonetheless. Love the pedal steel. Killer encore too.

So you and Sloth were actually at the show?

[Roll Eyes]

I echo the sentiments of CyberHippie.

I dunno, maybe I have been spoiled by my favourite jam bands. 2 huge sets and a nice encore is the standard there. I just feel that the line up to get in to the venue should NOT be as long as the entire set of music. 1 hour a piece by my watch (excluding the short encores).

Now, of course Bob Dylan is a legend and I enjoyed the music, but the Kool Haus sucks when it is packed to the tits. I didn't even get to see the friends that I was there to see. I wanted to see them more than the man himself.

Oh well.

10:30PM show finish - back home in time to watch the Sopranos.

[Frown]

bones, that was you under that alias?

why?

that isn't like you?

THIS IS WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT.

people on here, in electronic form, are NOTHING like they are in person.

Bones is one of the nicest, most straight up people, i've met on here...deleting posts certainly seems out of character.

I don't really see what the big deal is about deleting posts, though I kind of understand why Esau was upset about someone doing that last week when he was been laid into by someone directly

if I say something then change my mind about it as I realize I'm blowing a good thread and upsetting people for no reason why wouldn't I delete it?

quote:

if I say something then change my mind about it as I realize I'm blowing a good thread and upsetting people for no reason why wouldn't I delete it?

exactly the reason I deleted my posts!

it resulted in one of the biggest fights I've ever had with the person I consider my best friend in the world...just wasn't worth it.

I hope everyone had a great time, and i'm sincerely sorry I upset anyone

I hurt my right ankle playing basketball last Tuesday. It was such a serious injury I went to emergency to see if I broke it. Luckily the x-rays came back negative, though for a few days I couldn't put any weight on my right foot. I was very concerned about the upcoming weekend where I was to see three General Admission Bob Dylan shows in a row.

I suffered through each day waiting longer in line and it all paid off. First night I was ten rows back in front of Bob, second three rows back also in front of Bob. And finally I waited for nearly seven hours on Sunday and ended up front row against the rail in front of Larry Campbell.

All three shows were great, and I'm not sure yet which of the three night I enjoyed the most. Though none of the three will go down with personal favorites from some past Dylan performances that I witnessed. All three shows Dylan and the band performed well, and the sets were pleasantly mixed up from one night to the next.

Looking at just the TO shows, night one was 17 songs performed. The second night had twelve different songs from the night before, and though it was a song less at sixteen, the show was five minutes longer. The final night had nine different tunes from the previous two nights, and the set was back to seventeen. My math isn't the greatest but that's 38 different tunes in three nights, with 50 total songs performed. I know some post were complaining about the lack of change in the encore, but if you look at previous shows you will see how luck we were to get that many new songs.

I think I'll sit back and look at all three shows for a couple of days to see which one I think was the best. Even for personal debuts I had two each night. The first night 'Ballad Of A Thin Man' and 'Cat's In The Well'. The second show 'Standing In The Doorway', and 'Bye And Bye'. And the third gig 'Lonesome Day Blues' and 'You Ain't Goin' Nowhere'.

All in all three great nights. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Dylan at Bonnaroo.

quote:

Originally posted by TimmyB:

I know some post were complaining about the lack of change in the encore, but if you look at previous shows you will see how luck we were to get that many new songs.

The only post actually complaining about it was deleted by the postee....

Myself,the surprise and disappointment (very little mind you) only comes from seeing Bob so many times in the past and except for Cats I have seen the others many times and my disappoitment is probally more due to my lack of attendence.

I know though, had I been able to be there I would have been beside myself with all three shows,as you mentioned,50 songs performed and 38 different is definately a great three night run.

Hey Basher, I'm new to this, I don't know how to make those bold quotes. But you were quoted saying that the Dylan shows were "I hour a piece by my watch (excluding the short encores)." I'm fanatical about timing each and every show, ask MarcO or Hamilton about me if you know them.

At Ricoh the Dylan show was 1h47m (minus 3m when the band was off duing the encore). The Phoenix was 1h52m (-3m) and Kool Haus was 1h48m (-2m). Now I know a Dylan show isn't the length of a Phish or Widespread Panic show. But a Dylan show is just as long as the majority of other performers that play arena shows (minus Bruce Springsteen and a couple others). He is nearly sixty-three and almost died in 1997 of a lung infection, based on that I'm not going to complain about a shows that are fifteen minutes away from two hours.

Archived