Jambands.ca

Sex and Shows

kung

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously folks we need some more details for this to be remotely interesting. And no it doesn't have to be 'he placed his burning phallus between her quivering quim'.

I'm not sure what I was getting at with this thread apart from more boobage. I get the sense that despite being comfortable with their bodies ladies at our shows probably don't feel comfortable enough to disrobe. Whereas at something like Hillside you see more of that because it's more of a family/lesbian bash (bad lesbian not good lesbian). I just find it odd that you don't even really hear people talk about sex or eroticism, whether online or in person.

I've bared my breasts many times at shows.... well, mostly festivals....in fact, I think I was nude almost one whole weekend of CTMF. Sorry you missed out. But maybe if you got naked more often, then people would follow suit. It's like when no one's dancing, someone has to get up and start it, and then everyone follows.

As for the sexiness of jambands. I love jam music and many jams could turn me on.... but it really depends on the style. I won't get started on the sexiness of the musicians.... that just gets me in trouble. [Wink]

That's exactly what I was trying to do Monkey 'create a safe environment'.

Seriously though I think it comes down to the fact that women for the most part despite otherwise 'free' values don't feel comfortable. I don't know that it reckons that women at Edgefest or a Gwar show feel more comfortable in that case they're just way bigger skanks (in the non-skanktuarian sense of the word).

sex and shows... my two favourite words...

i agree with treefaery and pais... i think that seeing any musician givin it their all (well almost any..) is damn sexy. if they happen to be playing some slinky latin groove, all the better.

as for disrobing at shows... knowing myself i would probably misplace everything i came with.

[Wink]

I'm 30th row floor with my buddies at Phish Buffalo '96; just as I'm peaking during Free, my buddy clings onto my shoulders laughing his ass off; he points to a couple in the row in front of us where this dude is getting a HJ from his woman standing in front of him (with her arms wrapped behind); I nearly lost my shit; the Free jam was quite exceptional for 96!

hmmmmmmmmmm....well, my thoughts on this are that personally i enjoy being naked although i can't say i ever have been at a show, minus skindippin' at ctmf. But one question that comes to mind is that, do you want girls to get naked/topless just so you can ogle them? and then, why don't you males get naked then too? and then, wondering why most women feel uncomfortable with the actuality of 'disrobing' at a show, can you blame us when we know that for most part, it won't be coming down to that being naked is being free...i am sure there would be less 'appreciation' and respect then there would be the whispers of 'what i would do to her' etc....

i am not saying that all men (or women) would be like that, but let;s be honest here...

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

Was this that "Hippie Girls Gone Wild" video I kept hearing about from Insta-Gator?

Nope,that was at JstSmkd1's place...that was a fun night though,there used to be the video footage on Jamhub,but I think its gone now after the new format took place.

Well, most of my sex/nudity experiences having been at Pagan fests and have spent a lot of time at the nude beaches, and agree ... if you are the one clothed person at a nude beach, *you* are the one who stands out ... that is why I am always suitably attired [smile]

Having grossed everybody out with the thought of me naked ...

RnB

For me, it's all about the shock factor. I hate to say that I'm a follower, but in this sense I will admit it. Too many people point out the naked folk or chat about them on a message board. What's so free about that?

There was one time last summer where I felt so liberated as to dispose of the pants...after taking a little dip in a water fountain somewhere near The Dekcuf. Sure they were wet, but I was no more cold with them on as I was with them off. But I was only with friends and the ol' hitch so there was no worry about uncomfortableness (word?) or shyness on anyone's part.

Nudity, no matter how normal we want it to be, just isn't "normal" yet/again. Maybe someday....

And I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with the "jambands" scene as it does the people you are with, the fun you are having, and of course the level of comfort. That's all.

Earthfreak, DownTown, Jessers and I watched a young lady get naked (down to her underwear!) during nero's setbreak in Peterborough the other night!! Mind you, we were outside on a rooftop smoke-spot, and I don't think she realized there were 10 people smoking joints right outside her window at the time.

Archived