Jambands.ca

All-Star Musician Survivor

Guest Low Roller

can i vote neil peart in? i know it is not traditional, but eventually all traditions change, right? (i told you i love drummers) that man is so freaking talented and cool in so many ways. i keep watching the rush in rio dvd and neil peart is making me have an appreciation for geddy lee. i also am now fully aware of why some people call Karl Jennings geddy plant. freedom train is awesome!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Low Roller

Well Day #1 of the All-Star Musician Survivor is in the books, and the tribe has made a rather decisive first choice... with 67% of total votes I bring you the first cast-off:

-

With Warren gone, the group has now lost half of its overall weight, but the task at hand is not made any easier... You must now choose to vote off the next individual from this group.

• Bob Dylan
  • John Lennon
  • Trey Anastasio
  • Neil Young
  • Bob Marley

Day #2 voting starts............... NOW!

quote:

Originally posted by Hux:

....some big names in there, makes it a little tough....too bad we couldn't throw that whiney dude from radiohead off...
[Wink]

Oh Hux...you are sooooo on! You...me....GO TIME!!!!

Did you ever wonder why Bobby wasn't on the list?!?!?!

You wanna talk whiney? WHINEY? BRING IT!!!!

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by number 2:

Warren stays cus he's now with the Dead, and Trey goes because there is no way on this planet he should headline over the Dead at Bonnaroo!!! boo-bonnaroo!!!
[Mad][Razz]

Well Warren is gone, so he can't stay... it's pretty simple really... I take your vote for Day #2 is Trey?

quote:

Originally posted by B & Z:

Goodby warren! Shame on those who voted Lennon off. Some people just can't recognize the real deal.

So I guess we all know who you're rooting for to win [big Grin] I didn't decipher a vote in there B&Z... who's your pick?

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by la mantequilla del pollo:

just wondering why there are no ladies on your list...just wondering

That's a fair question. It wasn't by design or anything... I actually made a rather extensive list of musicians/performers (including females) and picked six out that I thought would provide an interesting conundrum for voters. By no means am I saying that women are inferior. I'll make sure to keep everyone's sensitivites in mind next time I run one of these.

So you gonna vote or not?

Day 2-

Dear Trey -

thanks for all the great times. I'll never forget the night we spent together in the Florida Everglades. We were all so baked. Now please get the fuck off the island before Marley clocks you one for being a coked-up rooster-headed smartass.

Thanks,

Marc.

My vote today goes to John Lennon, mainly because, being dead (and long dead, to boot), he won't be much use to anybody.

(This, of course, begs the question: since we've included two dead musicians, I guess we're allowing the clock to be "rewound" to a point when they were alive. But how far will the clock be rewound? The John Lennon of 1980 is very different [in terms of how much music he produced and its quality] from the John Lennon of 1966/1967. And, for the performers that are currently alive, should we be considering them as they are now, or at some point in the past?)

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

In retrospect I never set the ground rules as to what criteria to use to eliminate participants... I'm assuming that the majority will go with personal preference, but I'm sure some take into consideration a certain individual's contribution to the music scene, their influence on others, or their height.

Maybe an idea for a future Survivor will take eras of a certain band into consideration.... an interesting exercise would be a Grateful Dead Survivor with all the different line-ups... [Eek!]

Let's get through this one first though...

Keep voting, ESPECIALLY all you Trey lovers.

Archived