Jambands.ca

do you collect ticket stubs?

I've put all my stubs in a photo album. And when I flip through it, it brings back many fond memories just like a photo album would.

The best stub in the collection is definitely the unused ticket from the last Dead show in Chicago. It might actually be worth something some day because it's autographed by Rick Danko. The Band was the opener that show.

quote:

Originally posted by Swan:

I'm not saying its not possbile but that is a lot of shows to see if you under the age of 30.

not everybody on here is under 30...35 here and I've seen well over a 100 DSO shows, without a doubt 1000 can and has been done!

quote:

My favorite is the I Mother Earth, Headstones, Our Lady Peace triple bill from high school when no one had heard of any of them and the whole show was $4!
!!!

my first concert ticket is an i mother earth show from when i was 12.

i collect my stubs, organized into an MMW pile, and any everything else pile.

Sitting about 8th row that night were you Ike?

How come mine isn't autographed...

and as for being worth something, definately has to be worth more to you then anybody could ever offer (although I might think differently if I was outside of a sold out show and someone had a ticket they'd trade for my stub huh?)

I think that was the best summer of my life. And I also think I have all the tickets..., I even have my old little notebook that I wrote down ever setlist for every dead show I ever saw in. Never got it quite right though, always lots of arrows because the songs were out of order. Ahh well...

quote:

Originally posted by ike:

I've put all my stubs in a photo album. And when I flip through it, it brings back many fond memories just like a photo album would.

The best stub in the collection is definitely the unused ticket from the last Dead show in Chicago. It might actually be worth something some day because it's autographed by Rick Danko. The Band was the opener that show.

Momack, I thought you got yours signed by bobby?

Yeah that was a pretty good summer, although I did only see those 2 Dead shows in '95.

I did see a lot of other good stuff that year though. The Band, Phish, Blues Traveler, Allman Bros.

I'm glad I kept the stubs.

There is no way anybody on this board has 1000 ticket stubs. Please prove me wrong. Count them but I'd be very surprised. And if you have; you must have one helluva job to afford these shows and more free time than someone collecting unemployment to see that many. I'm not saying its not possbile but that is a lot of shows to see if you under the age of 30.

well sean, its not impossible.

i saw my first show when i was 19. i'm 23 now.

i JUST counted my stubs, and i have 287.

287 \ 4 = 72 shows a year, lets just say 70.

7 years till i turn 30.

7*70 = 490

add that to the 287 i have, and by age 30, i should have around 775 stubs...

now, thats not 1000, but people see more shows than i do, thats for sure....

I bet tungsten, blane, jaimoe, and maybe others certainly will be close to 1000 shows.

i honestly believe if i was allowed in the states, i could reach 1000 shows by age 30.

And money? well, if you dont haev a drug habit, concerts just aren't that expensive.

I never said it was impossible but it ceratinly is aggressive. I want to make sure we are only talking about concert tickets as well. If we counted sporting events a lot of people may be over 1000. I hope that in my life I will see 1000 concerts but I kinda doubt it. And I'll go to see anyone live. I've been to a lot more concerts than I have stubs for but I know that I have nowhere close to 1000 ticket stubs.

Archived