Jambands.ca

nero 2004-02-28 Available For Download

Esau

I was wondering the same thing.

Will it be uploaded to archive perhaps for us folks that aren't into mp3?

Hope so,I'd love to get this,I listened to it on Jamhub but wouldn't mind a version I can play in my CD player,it doesn't support mp3.

nero's set from Februrary 28, 2004 is now available for download. (Note that you'll need to be a JamHub member to access downloads.)

This was a benefit show for Todd, Dave, and Julia, who suffered a house fire in mid-January. It was held at Maverick's, in Ottawa. nero did one set between Dr. Huxtable and The Music Never Stopped.

The set list goes as follows:

d1t01 - Sympathy For The Devil (scottieking w/ nero backing)

d1t02 - banter

d1t03 - Breakline

d1t04 - Chocolate Monkey Machine

d1t05 - Downside Up

d1t06 - Zedonk

d1t07 - Oregano Mice

(Note that track names are best guesses on my part. Corrections would be welcome.)

d1t01 is a bit of a bonus: scottieking did some acoustic stuff between Dr. Huxtable and nero while nero was setting up, and they ended up playing behind him on a couple of songs. Since the nero set was about 70 minutes, there was room to put one scottieking track on as well.

The recording was done the same way as the GTB 2004.02.25 recording was: a Cascade M-20 dead center (and about 6' up) for most of the signal, with stealth mics left and right (about 7' off the floor) for some signal and stereo imaging. The mics were all about 12' in front of the stage. The mics went into a Behringer UB1002 mixer, then into a Sharp MT-15S MD recorder.

The sound quality is good but not great. There's a bit of crowd noise, and there were sound problems during nero's set. I think you can hear Dave complain during "Breakline" that his guitar cab's mic isn't on, and the guitar actually cuts out briefly during "Breakline" and "Oregano Mice".

That said, it's still a blast of a set. Enjoy!

Aloha,

Brad

Brad, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other in the near future (there ARE quite a few nero shows coming up...). Any chance I could get the shns or wavs of this off you? I'd have to give you blanks for it (unless my burner gets fixed soon, I'll know by this weekend). I don't like mp3s personally. But thanks for putting them up for everyone, good work. Let me know if that's cool...

Sorry, guys, it's been rude of me not to respond to all this. I've been getting back into taping gradually, and putting stuff on the archive is the next step (a step I haven't done before). I hope to have both the nero show and the GTB show uploaded to the archive (in SHN form) by next week.

Del-Head: Are you coming for the Ottawa nero CD-release party? If so, I can give the show to you then.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived