Jambands.ca

let show some respect

Jared

ok this is my new thread, where everyday i am going to give the much deserved respect to everyday things in our lives that we take for granted in our lives

todays item to be respected

Electricity

here are your props Benjamin Franklin Electricity is a basic part of nature and it is one of our most widely used forms of energy. We get electricity, which is a secondary energy source, from the conversion of other sources of energy, like coal, natural gas, oil, nuclear power and other natural sources, which are called primary sources. Many cities and towns were built alongside waterfalls (a primary source of mechanical energy) that turned water wheels to perform work. Before electricity generation began slightly over 100 years ago, houses were lit with kerosene lamps, food was cooled in iceboxes, and rooms were warmed by wood-burning or coal-burning stoves. ,,

wow just think 100 years ago you couldn't walk into your house and turn on the lights, or have a cold beer from the fridge, or play some ps2 when your bored.

its crazy how things came so far in so little time. today when you turn on light light give some thanks to benjamin franklin and tomas eddison and all those other smart people who made it all possable

p.s imagine a dead show with no power or trying to grow some indoor

hahahahahahaha, jared..... thank you for being you [smile]

funny thread idea. definitely looking forward to the next installment.

sure i'll give some props to electricity! whooohooo! it's saved so many lives with all the medical technology, and without electricity, there would be no internet and no jambands.ca and whole bunch of us would never, ever have met. plus without electricty, all those bands who rawk right out, would just be all unplugged. all the time. and beastie boys unplugged would just not have the same panache. what would poor mixmaster mike do? so i also give a big hearty YAY to electricty.

although the eastern coast blackout of 2003 sure made for an awesome blackout party at LittlemissPink's!

Would be really good if folks were to use more energy efficient lightbulbs,most work in the same way as fluorescent strip lights.Regualr filament bulbs waste a lot of their energy by turning it into unnecessary heat.But since fluoresent bulbs seem to also cause alot of headaches (myself included) you can get EE light bulbs that produce the same amount of light but use considerably less watts (power) the regular bulbs and usually only cost a small amount more (no idea why myself).

Not only do they cost less to light (less watts used), but also alot of energy efficient bulbs last anywhere up to 12 times longer than ordinary light bulbs, so you don't have to change them as often.

Just for starters,also reducing the wattage of regular bulbs your using helps,alot of times when I am at folks houses I see 100 W bulbs in desk lamps,end table lamps,even on front porches,most of the time those bulbs are not required for more then adequate lighting.

Swtching alot of appliances to gas (ie:dryer,oven,furnace etc) works also,even better if it is fisable to the consumer switch to solar power,but if not using energy efficent bulbs is a great place to start.

And of course just turning the light off when your not in the room or its not needed is a huge help also.

Saves you money all around.

love the Dead acoustic but when Jerry gets wonderin around all midi is when it really works for me

cheers to electricity

-

the dank nugs of last evening were of the exceptional variety (jared's thoughtful posting)...

kudos to appreciating what ya do have as opposed to dwelling on what you don't have (get some more of the nugs, like, all of them) [Wink]

solid points there Esau

just watched a very cool show on the brain and thought I'd add to the appreciation of electicity thread that: every thought and feeling you have is the result of electrical impulses movin about neural pathways (that are formed from being a fetus on) in your noggin

more props to electricity!

Archived