Jambands.ca

CAVERN@Third Floor Reillys

sly

yeah...I mean...the damage has already been done, these guys over spammed and it came across (intended or not) as an abuse/disrespect to this board.

I have nothing against this band, but I would think that keeping the spam to a minimal might be a wise choice for them at this point....

I admit my first few weeks on the board where dedicated to promoting Cavern, but I barely post shit about that now unless other people are bringing up the topic.

Then you got numb-nuts jared here using every chance he gets to talk shit about Cavern, and the rest of you tits who dont want to hear about it bringing the posts back up every 15 minutes. If you dont want to hear about it, don't open the god-damn threads...

Bunch of fucking tools!

quote:

There is nothing wrong with promotion but this IS a little much.. you certainly don't see that many posts about ANY other bands in this "scene" that the people on this board actually go SEE on a regular basis! Just let up for a while geez!

I think its more that Cavern is the only band on this website that gets ripped on a regular basis. Jared and all u other ripping tools are all pathetic washed up musicians who who have too lighten up.

!!I love this website!!!!

I think you Cavern Haters are obsessive. Anyone who goes out of their way constantly to hate something has got a screw loose...You Cavern Haters are getting on my nerves WAY more than anybody's promotional posts, be them too many or not. I will now FORSURE go and see Cavern, not because of all the promoting, but because it will annoy the Cavern Haters...And I OWE them a little annoyance.

Can you people give it a rest? It's just an indie band trying to get the word out. Just like BNB and nero and Uncle Seth and Electric Meat, Cavern just wants as many people to come out as possible.

Chill out. All your Cavern bashing just isn't funny anymore. If you look REALLY close you may find a split second where it was funny. Now . . . not. So just relax, give it a rest. If you don't like Cavern posting about their shows, ignore it. It's your choice to see the headline and click on it. It's much easier to just read past it.

So practice your right to read past a headline and give them a break.

All this bashing of Cavern makes me want to see them even more. It prooves that negative press is sometimes better than no press at all.

I'm going to make it a point to check out Cavern when my work schedule doesn't conflict. I'm bringing other people with me too.

And on an aside, there are other Canadian jambands that are bigger that deserve to get trashed. Repeatedly singling out an after up-and-coming band like Cavern is tedious and unfair. If you don't like them, don't go and see them for awhile. That's what I have done in reference to hating GTB a few years ago.

besides jared, nobody has actually bashed Cavern

Cavern fan bashing started after some immature posters just wouldn't shut up about how "SICK", etc. Cavern are, telling people not to go to other shows but to Cavern instead and basically carrying on like grade school kids

up until then the band had promoted themselves pretty civilly, if people weren't coming out it wasn't because people didn't know about the shows

most Cavern fans only positively speak up in Cavern threads which doesn't help make them feel like part of the community

as show whore said, it'd be nice to go a day without a new Cavern promotion thread popping up... its like getting 30 spam e-mails a day, it doesn't make anyone buy anything, just makes the person doing the promotion feel like their doing their best for their sales team, and desensitizes you towards new promotions... most bands on here have their tour announced then people who're going make a show make some plans together for a few days before the gig

nothing wrong with advertising a show but it might be a good idea to let things die down for a bit and stop pushing people so hard to go see them... most people on here, myself included, have seen them, do or don't like them, and will go or won't go with a simple announcement of where and when

constantly being harassed to do anything makes me do the exact opposite

put up some posters, e-mail your friends, bring your mom

i dont really have any problems with cavern posting there show but soilet if ya think were all a bunch of tools maybe you should leave. We have played with cavern before and they are a bunch of talented musicians just not my thing and i keep that to myself. I only really talked to the drummer the night we played with them but he is a solid dude from what i can tell. I think i just fell bad for these guys, my band was a victim of the same thing. At the beginning you just get happy posting and it gets out of line. And it was obvious that frineds and band members were acting like fans of the band trying to get people to there shows, this is what everyone is upset about i think? I think just a simple post of your show is all you need trust me i learned the hard way as well, and by the looks of it thats what you were TRYING to do here in this post until it gets outta hand. JUST MY 2cents if it matters anyways

Archived