Jambands.ca

CAVERN@Third Floor Reillys

sly

quote:

Originally posted by - - - - paisley - - - -:

Cavern fan bashing started after some immature posters just wouldn't shut up about how "SICK", etc. Cavern are, telling people not to go to other shows but to Cavern instead and basically carrying on like grade school kids

I don't remember anyone saying NOT to go to another show. I also don't see what's so immature about someone saying a band is sick. Look at nancies.org, or phantasytour.com or friendsofcheese.com. Those sites are built specifically so people can talk about the bands they love.

forget who it was and can't be bothered looking for it but I believe it was a Caution Jam show (bout 3 weeks ago) that was recommended against in favor of Cavern and the same person was saying don't listen to Ween to someone who had just discovered them (Ween), listen to my friends' (not Cavern) rock band from Toronto and that was put in a pretty derogatory way in the post, thats when people started getting down on said fans

for the record, this is only the 2nd time I personally have said anything on the matter, and whatever I'm sayin is just my opinion... and I've never said anything bad about Cavern the band, unless me saying they're pretty good can be taken as saying something bad

as far as the other boards I have no say as I don't frequent them, only so many hours in a day and too many other boards I've visited have too much useless fighting and name calling going on on them (which is why I like here by comparison)

I'm not against some good natured hype, you'll notice most promo around here is just somewhat sparing... as Jay Sansilo was saying, when his band kept jumping on trying to get people out every week with loud promo it ended up doing just the opposite... I like music and wish Cavern all the best and am looking forward to hearing their sound develop

in any case, jared conceeded he was only up in arms because of the promo bombardment, new rider is a really good, if enthusiastic, guy who'll never back down if someone calls him on... siloet said she (he?) had toned it down...

I think the whole thing is already not much of an issue anymore

the difference between nancies.org, phantasytour.com and friendsofcheese.com is they are directed at ONE BAND! Just because the name of this forum is "Cavern" does not mean it is aimed at you and your buddy's band. I have no problem with Cavern being promoted anywhere, I have no problem with anyone SEEING Cavern live. Everyone should check it out, I just don't think over posting EVERY little thing about them is helping. What is the next thread? CAVERN BASSIST TAKES A CRAP?

I haven't any problem with the band Cavern. I listened to their MP3s and they're not for me but that's completely acceptable.

I am tired of relentless posting by their fans, inevitably giving them a bad rap. Passenger gigs get posted all the time here and that's fine, because Passenger fans are not spamming threads and topics with "Go see Passenger" and the like.

That's all I will say on this. Promise!

Hey, now people are thinking of going to see Cavern 'cus other people are bashing them? Jeez, why didn't I think of that? Come on folks, my band sucks at least as much as Cavern, how come no one wants to bash us? Is it 'cus we're so pretty?

-

So remember, Uncle Seth tonight at Holy Joe's! Be there or be square, we're way better than Phish, the Dead, Ween, Radiohead, the Beatles, Dylan and any band Warren Haynes has ever played with COMBINED! [Razz][big Grin]

But seriously... I understand where some of the hostility is coming from 'cus some of the fans have gone a little too far in past posts, but this started as a simple plug of a gig. Bennito, I feel for you and your boys, although if I was in your shoes I would ask your buddies to maybe chill a bit on the posting. But otherwise I agree, it's DAMN hard for an indie act to get any recognition, and as a community we shouldn't be putting down anybody's music but PARTICULARLY not bands that actually hang out here as members of the community. It is one thing to bash SCI or Ween or whoever, but you're not attacking them personally 'cus they don't hang out here, and plus they're probably above all that shit 'cus they already have their fans and can make their living doing this. But for us indies, it's hard enough to get up on stage after working whatever day jobs we all have, for practically nothing most of the time without having to worry about whether half of scene you're supposed to be a part of hates you 'cus of stuff that really has NOTHING to do with your music. It's just not a distraction any of us need.

My two-cents,

- J.

Oh, and 'cus ahess alluded to it, just for the record you might remember I personally was on what might appear to be the other side of the argument when Passenger was sending out email spam 'cus I see that as different - if people are coming to jambands.ca and there are threads about local jambands, that should be cool 'cus in theory that's what they're coming for (at least partly), but if it's coming to my mailbox and I didn't ask for, that's totally different. I use my email for important personal and professional communication, and ANYTHING that clutters it pisses me off. If Cavern or any other band started sending me unsolicited spam to my mailbox, THEN the daggers come out.

- Mr. M.

CAVERN BASSIST TAKES A CRAP..

I really wanted to start this as a new topic because it really is hilarious but in sight of this thread and everybody's opinions i choose not too....(go me)

So just imagine me doing it and pretend it really happened.......(I mean posting it, not taking a crap - I'm not the bassist)

By the way Paisley, I"m not a boy or a girl, I'm really a Mirl........(monkey Girl)

-

I really can;t get enough of that pic, it's on my desktop.

By the way when everybody talks about the overposting, It was me I did it, can we all just refer to Siloet and not the other Cavern fans. Most of them don't even come on the web-site, in fact most of them are only 6 years old and are being forced to listen to the music by their teachers... 19 plus shows my ass. Do the bouncers really think that a group of 100 midgets come to a show at once all with Indiana identification cards....... oh thats right its a tour bus....

Oh and here is a pic of the bassist crap.... they are selling autographed ones on ebay for $100.

-

Sorry about that.....its a lot more disgusting then funny.

see ya Saturday!

Archived