Jambands.ca

Norwalk Blues

scottieking

Well, I've been home the last two days with what I have only been able to self diagnosis as a Norwalk-type virus. It is pretty shitty (pun completely intended). Anyone had this affliction? Coping tips? When should I consult medical assistance (I understand there's not much science can do for this)?

Get medical advice. A doctor may not be able to cure the condition, but should be able to give you advice as to how to alleviate the symptoms; also ask about how/if you should change your diet to help things out (so to speak...).

Aloha,

Brad

Yeh, I had something like this about 1 1/2 or so ago, I have a tip. Because you're going to to spending so much time on the toilet, DON'T just lean your elbows on your thighs for long periods of time. You'll likely bruise your legs, and possibily hurt your back as well. Make a point of sitting up. I'm seriously about this, it's all about comfort while you ride this out.

God speed Mr. King!

- M.

dude -

i had a horrible experience with norwak....puking, shitting, etc..while havinjg to take care of my baby boy - who had the same thing. Some tips would be:

- plan to sleep in the bathroom, make it comfy

- by electrolyte powder(like gatoraid minus the sugar), it tastes weird, but helps keep you hydrated.- i think there is a brand called "gastrolyte"

- definately smoke a bowl or two - helps settle the stomach.

- drink alot of gingerale, total placebo, but helps, remember - small sips.

- mine lasted for just over 24hours, so don't worry buddy, the end is in sight.

- listen to as much Jerry as you can, jazz is good too, covers the sound of puking;)

take a shower, or several - another placebo.

hope this helps, take care man.

jon

Archived