Jambands.ca

Burt Neilson Band rumor

little black dog

I've been hearing a very exciting rumor here in Dawson City. It's being said that Burt Neilson may just be coming up to Dawson City this summer to play at music fest. I'll tell ya the town is buzzing because of the possibility. Burt would be a great fit for music fest. Do any members of the band have info. about this? It would be great to hear if the rumors were true. [smile]

Cheers

It would be excellent if Burt came up. The tent would be rocked for sure. The community in West Dawson is awsome, I'm currently living across myself and things are good. The bad for some, is that tent city is being shut down after this season. I hope they setup an alternative for seasonal people. When were you last in Dodge?

August & sept 1998 for a few weeks,back packing around with my girlfriend at the time,stayed at the Bunkhouse for a bit and at the Hostel across the river (forget the name) oh and two nights at Klondike Kates too.There was a guy livin in a cave on the west side of the river also,we talked to him while we hiked to the old wrecks along the river across from Moosehide.

We were in Whitehorse for a few weeks too,at Robert Service Campground.Made it to the Takhini hot springs and did some mountian biking along the Takhihi river..amazing time.

Eventually I plan on ending up in the Yukon,never have I ever seen a more beautiful place.

Hear, hear!!!

I spent six weeks in the summer of '97 in the Yukon and Alaska, and it was absolutely amazing. Dawson City is a nice place, fer sure. Especially 'cause you can get that drink in that one bar where they dip the petrified human toe into your glass before you have the shot. What's that place called again? And what's the drink called again?

Me confused... [Confused]

Originally posted by little black dog:

Mr Hamilton (a.k.a Stupid), it would be great if you got your ass up here again. If you get up here, the rest is on me.

Well stooopid, I just applied for a job over the summer that involves teaching fun recreational stuff across Northern Canada, so I just might make it up there if I get the job and if it extends that far west.

But I thought a little birdie told me that you would be back home sometime soon? Was the birdie lying to me? He's sneaky, y'know... [Eek!]

Originally posted by Esau:

I dont recall the bar name,I know I didnt drink it though.Its called "Sour-Toe Cocktail".They even have a group called "The Yukon Order of the Sour-Toe Cocktail" up there.

I tried it - quite good, and rather sour, as I recall. Not something you'll have anywhere else, I bet. If anyone knows of any other places where they stick a dead guy's petrified toe in your drink, let me know. Mmmmmmmmmmm..........

Archived