Jambands.ca

Bored of the board!

Siloet

This is my last Cavern post on this site ever.... if you want to post about Cavern go to there website and hit up there message board.... ( http://pub8.ezboard.com/bcavernmusic ) This board is over-saturated.... Most of the people on this site say the promote the scene but in the past few months i have been on this site I have realized they they only like bands that are at least 5 years old and really aren;t going anywhere.... Good luck to all of those band and I hope all you 40 year old Caven bashers the best of luck in your pathetic phippy (phake hippy) lives.

Peace out Tooly....

Go smoke a joint and enjoy the tunes the world has to offer!

P.S. I dont know you but I love you all!

Though i may not agree with any of what you pricks have to say, you may not belive it, but i will defend your right to say it!

on second thought i'll just keep my mouth shut and enjoy my silent victory,

all i have to say is you should really think about what you say, no one here went out of there way to trash you personaly, and i think you at least owe us the same respect. we have nothing against you siloet,, just the herassing method you chose to use to premote a band that many people on this board don't care for,

also we enjoy many new bands suchs a 6 feet of grove whom have never been trashed, and were welcomed with open arms, much like amny other new bands, most people here don't even hate cavern but are more annyed with having to hear about then everyday

geez Silouet, I think there might have been some slight sarcasm-- or as I like to call it---"Piss Taking"-- lighten up dude. You start taking criticism too seriously, and you a) stop having fun.. B) it starts conflicts... and that is no good! you will find on this message board a broad range of musical interests, and tastes. Personally, I have never seen Cavern, but hopefully one day I will get the chance to. Maybe I will enjoy their music, and maybe I will not, but, man, don't take what anyone says here to heart, this is not supposed to be personal, hell, we have nicknames!! take critism or piss taking with a grain of salt. and keep jammin.

Funny enough someone I trust just told me that Cavern's actually quite a good band, all the guys went to Humber, not at all Phishy. I think this whole thing just got out of hand a tad. I think you're overstating the point about everyone dwelling on dated bands though. Everybody has their 'pet' bands for their own reasons. Alot of it might be oversentimentalism but in other instances there are some bands in our network that really have something and a chance to mould that. Whatever your experience has been here I think you'll find that no matter what people say this is a group particularly willing to take chances on new bands. We're fortunate that people are so willing to go out and see bands even if just on a whim or a good lead.

Shit dude, I can understand why your annoyed and I hope insulting everyone on this board has made you feel better. You *know* why things regarding Cavern went awry, promotion got out of hand and in response negativity about the band got out of hand. That's how things work... You could have been the better person here but essentially telling everyone here to go fuck themselves as your running out the door is a real mature move. [Roll Eyes]

In a sense the problem started right at the beginning when your management began over promoting shows on this message board. Whatever... But then that was followed up by fans or band members or whatever attempting to create a false buzz... People don't take well to being played for fools and guerilla marketing tactics.

Cavern is a young band. It takes a lot of time and hard work to build up a good following. There is definetly some talent there, given some time on the road and a bunch of gigs there is a ton of potential there. Then people will start talking and word will spread. You gotta work for it though.

There is nothing wrong with posting shows here, but as my dad used to say "There is a difference between scratching your ass and tearing the skin off!"

There that's my $0.02...

Well for one thing im definately not going to miss the cavern talk. For someone to sign up on this board in January of this year and then as CH said, tell us all to go fuck ourselves well I say hey, u will not be missed. Nor will Cavern. For someone to post on this board asking who will open between Cavern (1st year band)and Nero (Jammy Nomination)is fucking ridiculous... those two bands aren'y even in the same league and yes Ive heard and seen Cavern... briefly although but enough to think i could have a say... You had some pretty immature things to say in your farewell post there Siloet, saying goodbye is definately the mature thing to do.

I personally think this is just another melodramatic post to get a rile out of certain people on this board. Siloet, I'm pretty sure I have met you in person and if you are whom I'm thinking, you're a stand up guy, just trying to help his friends out. Yet, you and a few other people went a little to far, and now it's like kicking a tired horse.

I rarely speak about this issue simply because I like to keep my mouth shut once in a while on this board, but here are my .2c. Ben, Rory, Ben and Dave, the four guys who actually play in the band, are great guys, extremely talented musicians and really do work hard trying to get this band off the ground. It was never them personally (Bennito, Smills) who instigated all this crap and when it got out of hand, it was beyond their control. Sometimes it is everything but the music that makes you dislike a band and this is one of those rare instances. Forget about the idiots who are shamelessly promoting the band without consent of the ACTUAL band members or Lindsay, their manager themselves.

I seriously think Siloet, Cavernfan. Stiffprism and a few others have to chill and enjoy this board for it's conversational values and not it's promotional values. While it can be an effective promotional tool, it should only be utlized with respect and directed a certain way. Maybe one day you'll realize that.

And I think Cavern has an exciting future in or out of the jamband scene. Their fans may need to grow up, but they themselves are certainly mature, respectful people whom I value as friends, and are seriously worth a shot to check out if you haven't. there ya go-

I wouldn't take it personally. I can see where you're coming from, but that fact is this is the internet. And people will be people, some like to look at things in a negative way, some in a postive way. Even when I don't really care for a band, I still think that at least they're up there trying to do something. Creative expression is a very important aspect of life. I've never seen cavern, but good or bad (which totally subjective anyways) they are playing and creating music which is always a good thing. Except of course Insta-gators musical ass, which is a bad,bad smelly thing.

Archived