Jambands.ca

Stephen Franke and....

c-towns

Noises from the Tool Shed.

Just returned from seeing these cats here in Calgary. Be ready to be embrace their musical presence this summer. These guys are so talented, they're almost in a (genre) league of their own, hugely jazz influenced with a taste of swashbuckling goodness.

Just picked up their new disc but haven't had a chance to giver a listen.

I recommend making some room in your schedules to check these fine musicians out this summer in the eastern hemisphere.

peace.jamesd.

Are they ever good! Played Pepper Jack's last year and blew us all away. An amazing thing about that show, was that, even with such a small turnout that was there, They still played with incredible fire and passion. We could't beleive how good this band was, that none of us had ever heard of before, and how lucky all (10 maybe) of us were for having witnessed such a show.

Next time they come around, the word will be out. Especially since we keep hearing excellent revues of their shows like the one c-towns just gave.

i truely believe these guys ARE in a genre/category all of their own....

i dont believe any guitarist is as technically proficient as Stephen Franke...

MAYBE Steve from Jukejoint, but he's done...

Yes, Steve from JJ was as good...its like now Stephen Franke has taken the reign from him...

And i'm glad...

We opened for them last Saturday in Vancouver. It was a really fun show at the Fairview. All of the players in Stephen Franke and TNFTTS are great and super nice. They are an interesting mix of Jazz, Funk, and Klesmer (sp?). Swashbuckling is actually a very appropriate descriptor.

I can't wait to open for BNB next Saturday.

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

quote:

Ya, I like reminiscing about ghostown too!!

My sentiments exactly, I miss you in a dress Blair.

Dresses? What are you talking about.......you must of been at the same ghostown as Schwa when Cavern played [Razz]

The only thing I like wearing are frowns on my face, asses on my boots and skulls on my fists [Wink]

I second (or third, or fourth) this. Great band, great musicians and they play hard no matter if there's 5 or 500 people present. I think they're coming out east in the summer to play some jazz/music festivals and a tour of the clubs. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Archived