Jambands.ca

Outside Its America!!!! Hey peeps........

Northern Wish

Hey all,

Just thought I'd check in quickly while the boss is in a meeting. For those who don't know I am now living in Providence RI, working (after passing some exams this week) as an Electrical Facilities Engineer. I have been overwhelmed at the lack of courtesy in just about (or aboooot) every facet of life down here from horrible drivers, to rude waitresses and even a co worker who calls me a "scum contractor".......

I miss Canada and I miss my Skanks! After running into a bunch of Upper Canadians from Ottawa and Montreal and having some Canadian beers with some new American friends in the lots of Woostah and Nassau- I have new found appreciation for everything North of the 49th.

Yes I got my Destiny!!!! And tickets weren't that hard to come by- 11th row for Worcester about an hour pre show for only $40 and 20 burned cds. Nassua was a better show, but the crowd in Mass was way more into it.

If any of you are up for shows down here please get a hold of me at my new email address (another benefit of Canadiana- no one in IT here has thought to block out Canadian mail servers like they have with hotmail and the like): tseantaylor@canoemail.com.......

Sorry if this is rambling and contains no actual information, but more will come at the next managers meeting. I just don't want to raise any eyebrows with my net usage until after I start to get people to call me Sean instead of scum contractor.

Keep it real Canucks!!!!!

Sean

ps. Just so all know, we had a little posse of around 6-8 of us in Nassau and upon realizing we were amongst fellow countrymen, the loud cheer of Nero Fucking Rules!!!! went out, and 10.10.02 was played loudly for all to hear!

Sean,

Glad you're making it in the crazy south! Just wanted to tell ya I know this girl Liv who is related to you or knows you in someway. Maybe because of a sibling of yours or her boyfriend. She told me about this guy Sean who's into the message boards and Phish and I'm like 'I know Sean!'.

fun.

later skater=

~Northern Wish~

I'm not alone after all !!! Nothing like working for a contractor in the good ol' United States of America. Hang in there buddy, it gets better the longer you stick it out.

Try being a Canadian, working for a Canadian Inspection Company on the North Slope of Alaska's oil wonderland - they don't even want people from the lower 48 up here - let alone Canadians. I think I liked the following statement the best I recieved from an operator:

"The way I see it - you Canadians are not any

better than those God damn Mexicans - stealing jobs from American people. "

If they only knew about the tax breaks - they'd be really pissed off.

Take care Northern Wish.

Peace,

Summerhill

Archived