Jambands.ca

Bunch of Fucking Goons!

AD

I'm not a big hockey fan anymore, or a fan of any sport for that matter, but I managed to catch the game and I have to say it was nothing short of hilarious. Domi knocking that guy over with one punch knocked me out of my seat, and the Leaf's coauch waving a stick around like some sort of barbaric weapon - pure comedy! But seriously, there's a reason I dont like most sports and last nite is a good example of these.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinghy, how can you think this cant be good for the Leafs.

Well, you arent saying it, but trust me, this is huge.............

ITS OWEN NOLAN!

And what did they give up?

McCauley in the now present, and who knows what in the future. Big deal.

Immediate impact?

As big as I have ever seen from the Leafs, and bigger.

And I dont even like the Leafs (well, as far as Canadian hockey teams go)

From a Habs fan:

I have seen my fair share of Leaf games and Sens games.

The Leafs are far more boring to watch........

The Sens play precise hockey, thanks in a HUGE part to Jacques Martin, perhaps the most under-rated coach in the league.

Being a hockey fan, I truly hope the Leafs and Sens meet in the playoffs. This rivavlry is real, and not media-induced like some of them. In an age where player movement has taken out alot of solidified rivalries, this one is a keeper, and I hope it stays for a few more years.

That being said, come on Habs..........Just Dew It

A question for hockey fans -

What's worse?

a) The top team in the league sells out 4 games so far this season, puts together an elite team on a limited budget.

OR

B) A team sells out every game, year after year, with one of the highest ticket prices in the league, and refuses to invest that money back into the team to obtain the players needed to make a cup run.

OR

c) dinghy's spelling and grammar??? [Wink]

There must have been a second spitter!

I'm a big Owen Nolan fan, but his best days are behind him.

McCauley (who's only 25 and seems to have gotten past the concussion problems) was Toronto's second best player - behind Roberts - in last year's playoffs.

Throw in Brad Boyes and another 1st round pick and it looks like they paid a big price for Nolan.

You can't judge a trade like this for years...

I think that any trade where a team gets a solid proven nhl'er for draft picks/prospects/McCauley is a good one. Hockey, unlike basketball, is one of those sports where it's really rare that a rookie will have a big impact on a team. So Brad Boyes and the draft pick don't worry me because the way I see it, they won't make an impact for 5-8 years. McCauley on the other hand worries me cause I like his style. It's really too bad to see the guy leave. He was the hardest working leaf and he's been around a while making him a valuable player. Although his numbers have been less than wonderful this year, the line he was playing on didn't help. Put him on a line with a quality player, like Sundin here in Toronto, or Selanne down in San Jose and he'll really impress. All in all, I'm really pumped about Nolan cause he fits in really well with Toronto's style, and while I do agree that his best years are behind him, there's still some fire in his belly.

McCauly Sucks!!!!!

Too bad Domi is out scoring him.

He's been here for years, and played maybe half of the time. This season again he sucks.

What a deal Nolan for these bums and a late 1st round draft choice. I think the Leafs are trying to make a run this year, it's about time.

DOWN WITH DETRIOT!!!!

I think Swifty nailed it - I bet you see Tucker moved before the deadline, Nolan made him expendadable. I think Nolan is a fucking great acquisition. Hes not the player he once was but Im sure hes got a little left in the gas tank and McCauley isnt good (but he has shown up in previous playoffs).

You should see Trent Green backpeddle on the whole spitting thing - at least he earned back a little of my respect (I actually respect him for how badly he owned the Sens in faceoffs last year). There was no spit, Neil wasnt even facing him and there was a shitload of camera pointed right at him, no replays, nothing happened . Tucker is a roid raging asshole who will probably be shipped off for a veteran defenceman.

They should have added domi in that deal. Crow- if you watch the replays you'll see there was no spitting incident. I'm sure you'll see Tucker moved by the deadline. Nolan is definately a good pick-up but otherwise you should be embarrassed to be a fan of mediocre hockey. [Razz]

Archived