Jambands.ca

Earth Day Celebrations (Friday in Hamilton)

mark tonin

Had a great time ... lots and lots of wonderful people there. My friend Iliana won the Little Feat tickets ... she was so excited. It was really cool because she's never been to Pepper Jack's before - we drove down from Kitchener and one of my comments to her that helped talk her into going was "and hey, you'll have a chance to win Little Feat tickets." She is a big Fat Cats fan from way back and was super-excited to win the tickets.

The number of prizes they gave a way last night was absolutely crazy!

A really special event it was.

Peace, Mark

WoW thanks to all that came out night, and supported Earth Day Hamilton. Im not sure exact number but we did raise around $2000 last night. This money will go to tree planting and other Earth Day event in Hamilton this year.

A Special Thanks to the Fat Cats, Diesel Dog, Mark Wilson and Johnnie Larue for their generous contribution. [big Grin]

beautiful night of music and people... right right on...

mark wilson was solid and great as always... super wicked diesel dog set and the cats bringin it on home in grand style... LOL to the prize giveaway, that was classic, a true sense of "does ANYBODY know whats going on?"

got kinda liberal with the baked goods and fancy beverages... a little rich for my system (head down on the table watching the cosmos unfold before me)

but a wicked time, kudos to all involved, good to here some purposeful cash was gathered, great crowd (you know who you are)

[big Grin]

it was a blast last night,, like 2ndtube said ive never seen pepperjacks that busy, there was a lineup to get in for a while. the raffle was hilarious, not calling the right numbers so ken just started tossing the stuff away

so who won the tickets?whos the lucky bastids

man i had a blast that night,,, i remember watching ken throw those dr disc free cds out like frisbees, i was thinking man someones gonna catch one of those beautys right in the noggin lol

once again good times at the pepper jack

when the deisel dog keys player, i cant remember his name, ryan? , he was fucking smoking with the fattys, i was dancin my ass off that night. so good to see so many kind folks out

see you tonight

heh heh.... the distribution of the prizes was hilarious.

"696!"

"No? 1 -2 - 3... ok 515!"

"Oh wait, here's 696.... dude, that's 969.... ok 515"

"1 - 2- 3 - no 515, ok.... 545 come and get it...."

... and on and on it went. I thought we'd be there till sunrise trying to match the perma-stoned ticketholders to the draw numbers.... fucking funny. Me, well, I was so tooled I had to look at my stub every time a number was called, even though I only had one stub and the number was 585. You'd think I'd be able to retain that wouldn't you? Nope.

Cookies. Oh, the cookies......

Thanks for the good times, everyone. I really enjoyed myself. Missed most of Mark WIlson but Diesel Dog was real good and having the Fatties play one long set late in the evening was a kick in the pants I needed after some.... er, drifting.

And props to Sarahbelle who served as a shining example that you can't let a broken leg and crutches stop you from dancing! [big Grin] Right on!!

One thing though, does anybody else kind of wish we could illuminate the stage at PJC a bit more? Not that these bands are real sexy, except the Sanzwill Band (heh heh) but I kind of like to see musicians play. Everyone is invariably facing the stage anyway, it would be nice to see more than shadows.... anyway, not a complaint just an observation.

Now I'm off to "Customer Appreciation Day" at Ray's Boat House..... free booze! On a Sunday afternoon!! [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

Glad I already got a walk in this morning....

later.

dude, this was definatly a GOOOD night. Marco, you are a sweetie.. thanks brother [smile]

I just wanted to ask you guys.. when did the Fatties get soo damn funky! I don't remember them sounding so good ...EVER!!!

Uncle Ted was great.. I'm not sure if you guys know him, but man, is he ever a riot!

Mark Wilson was amazing, Diesil Dog also kicked ass.

It was good to see soo many familiar faces and to see the place soo packed with beautiful people [smile]

Cheers and keep on dancin!

Sarah

Thanks to all that attended, man it was packed there on friday....WOW, I swear that was fun. The give-aways were too much, didn't know that people were that cranked...hahaha what a time.

Was great to see so many people out to support a wonderful cause, much appreciated I say.

Thanks too all the people who donated the wicked gifts for the give-away's...so many people to mention...

Fat Cats

Diesel Dog

Mark Wilson

Lik wed

Shady Grove(Julie)

Lauri Wassink

Dr. Disc

Spiritual Smoke

Hemp life works

Harmony

Terrapin (Dundas)

Sonic Unyon

Mundo

Serendipity

Looney Tunes

Screemin' Mimi's

Eman

Pure Hemp

Beat goes on

Metro

Thirsty Cactus

Stu-dogg

I think I may have missed a couple people, but thank you so much for your generous donations, also to Second tube and his gal Theresa, for the help at the door, much appreciated guys.

As always workin the door, gives me a chance to see all my friends, smilin', dancin & having a wonderful time...makes it all worth doin what I do...thanks.

Best things I heard on friday night :

"Keri says we have the same haircut"

(Backbacon's g/f Lara) ~Love you guys.

"I'm here to have a good time, not to kill anyone"--also--"I punch people out for a living"

(Lancelot,~the drunk guy who talked my ear off at the door)fuckin hells angels...LOL

The people I know......funny really.

"If I pay half can I stay? I know its for charity but I dont understand why its so much?That sucks.

(some girl trying to get in for free....)

Here's what I got for the Fatties set list...again I may have missed some tunes...

Burden & Misfortune

Hey man

Comes around

Cruelty's cure >

Jam >

Breadbox >

Maraca's

Frontier >

Cookin'

Harder they come

Teaspoon>

Groove is in the heart >

2001 tease >

Teaspoon

Drumz >

Jam >

You

* If you know any song I may have missed please let me know.

What a great time, thanks again to all that helped out,donated gifts and showed up and payed the cover, you all kick ass...for those who snuck by me....way to go, you were able to not help a charity...hope your feeling good about that.((((sarcasam)))

* ....come with us and find the journey to the center of the mind....

Thanks all

Give'r

holy shit sarahbelle i didnt know you were on this board im not sure if you remember but i worked with your sister, i saw you givener with those crutches excellent stuff. didnt get a chance to say hi..... sorry. Anyways hope the foot heals soon and glad to see that it didnt stop ya from dancin [big Grin]

Archived