Jambands.ca

festival announcement of the day

Jason

--BONNAROO NE 2003 INITIAL ARTIST ANNOUNCEMENT--

Superfly Productions and A.C. Entertainment are proud to announce the initial lineup for Bonnaroo NE 2003. The festival is confirmed to take place August 8-10, 2003 at Enterprise Park at Calverton in Riverhead, New York.

We are anticipating several major additions to the line up to be announced shortly, so be sure to check here for updates and join the Bonnaroo mailing list to stay up to date on new additions to the schedule.

Tickets for the 2003 Bonnaroo Music Festival will go on sale Wednesday, May 7th at 9:00 a.m. EST through www.bonnaroo.com. Please visit the TICKET PAGE for complete ticketing information.

2003 Bonnaroo NE Confirmed Artists:

The Dead (2 Nights)

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

Bob Dylan

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

The String Cheese Incident

Ween

Gov't Mule

Medeski Martin & Wood

moe.

Les Claypool's Frog Brigade

Yo La Tengo

Talib Kweli

Rusted Root

Soulive

North Mississippi Allstars

Yonder Mountain String Band

Disco Biscuits

Cut Chemist

Grandaddy

X-ecutioners

Kings of Leon

Los Amigos Invisibles

Here's the part that hurts.

TICKET PRICE: Tickets for BONNAROO NE 2003 are priced at two levels.

The first tickets will be priced at a special rate of $164.50 each. There is a limited allotment of tickets at this price. When the initial allotment is sold out, ticket prices will increase without notice to $189.50.

and there is conflict with going to darien, hard to do both.

Yeh and it gets worse:

-Service charges are $12.00 PER TICKET. This includes a $1 charity donation.

-Shipping charges are $8.00 PER ORDER, for orders shipped to addresses in the United States. All international orders (including Canada) are $15.00 PER ORDER.

So assuming you get first tier, here's the rough damage using the $ converter at http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

191.50 USD = 277.667 CAD

- M.

I think this one looks pretty good. The Dead, Mule, Dylan, Cheese, and I have alwasy wanted to see Tom Petty. It is fairly close to drive to as well- not like going all the damn way to Tennessee. If I can get some people lined up I will definately check this out.

Colin

Wow, I sure would like to see String Cheese! For me that's the only band that's really missing from the TN lineup. But other than that I think the TN lineup looks a little better. But I'm sure there will still be more 'major' additions. I'm really suprised at the difference in price though. I think the extra $$ will keep me from switching, looks like I'll stick with TN.

Tough call on which lineup is better. The TN crowd will likely be a bit more relaxed, but the craziness of the east coast can make for some interestesting times as well. And yes, the pricing is out of control, couldn't imagine NE being more than the TN one. Have to admit though, if I had the coinage and time to do both, it'd be a blast!!! Summer is going to be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$200 is not really that much for DMB teenie boppers who normally pay ~$80-100 to see Dave anyway...though it is dave & tim.

I guess bonnaroo NE is supposed to be the summer's last big squeeze (after IT the weekend before) to milk us of any coinage we might have left.

Cool to see the dead opening and closing their summer tour(s) with bonnaroo! Too bad camping in august on long island doesn't sound that appealing...what a scorcher its gonna be!

Archived