Jambands.ca

CANNED_BEATS' PARTY PART 2

SaggyBalls

Okay so my thread hit the 80 mark so i though i'd start a new one with a focus.

if everyone that's coming could post with some pertinent info. Things have been mounting and I need to figure out whether or not this weekend is the best time to party here. the ground's still damp and I want it to be a good party, not just a party to have a party. it may seem like a downer but it's for everyones' best interests.

okay...tell me who you are, who you're bringing, what you're bringing(food if any, tent, chairs(you should bring chairs...we're a family of 3) etc.), and where you're coming from, and what kind of vehicle you'll be driving of you are. possible entertainment info could be cool...if you were bringing a band or players that play together regularly, just to feel out the vibe of the festivities.

also, leave all the relevant contact info...email for now if you want, and i can email you for your digits and the like.

if this gets too big i may have to postpone the big party till june or july. believe me it'll be worth it if it comes down to it. I don't want any of my friends to slip and hurt themselves. nobody needs an injury because of uneven ground or mud.

also, i don't know how to afford the rental of bathroom facilities or landscaping if things get too messy.

Sorry if i seem pessimistic but it's snowballed a bit and even though i love the winter, it's spring and we have a forest of cedar trees behind the house...wet.

as well, if we have to postpone it'll give us time to actually organize this as a sort of event - at least a killer CanJam potluck.

i don't think we'll have to postpone but at least post so we can get numbers.

thanks sooooooooo much!

Guest Low Roller

AHA! Cold feet! Is your name Trevor Turner?

I think you are correct in assuming that this thing has snowballed beyond a little party, and has now become a full-fledged PAR-TAY!

In my case I will have a car, a tent, a cooler, and a guitar (maybe). The sissy pants will be at the cleaners that week-end, so I won't be able to bring them...

I'm hoping to have brought:

• me
  • the Tiny Tent of Tenacity + sleeping bag + air mattress
  • electric guitar
  • amp
  • effects
  • DAT, tapes, etc.
  • mics + (short) stand
  • party supplies (food, drink, etc.)

My big problem is that I need a ride, from the Lincoln Fields area (right across Carling Ave. from the mall). I can be ready to roll Friday night or Saturday.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

The sissy pants will be at the cleaners that week-end, so I won't be able to bring them...

Yeah, but it's been a while since the Phat Pants have made an appearance; maybe you could wear them instead?

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Yeah, but it's been a while since the Phat Pants have made an appearance; maybe you could wear them instead?

Now that's some dangerous thinking there bradm. Once the Phat Pants come out, there ain't no going back...

I Believe the H-crew will be:

Me (steve)

Sanislo (jay)

tooley (kevin)

piegen (steve)

i think we are forsure.

Then one more person may be coming, the keyboardist, stephan. He's not forsure i dont think.

With us I could bring as much food as needed (after all, i like to eat, AND, i have a little extra cash at this time; you dont need to foot any bills)

Two cars are forsure, a third maybe. Depends if that fifth person is coming...

Food that is great for this type of event, SLAB pizza, BIG OLE buckets of KFC, etc.

Being that its an outdoor style event, is a camp fire allowed? I have no idea what kind of land we will be one so....

Anyways, its still a week away, keep us up to date. Oh we'd be bringing the drum kit.

quote:

quote:

Now that's some dangerous thinking there bradm. Once the Phat Pants come out, there ain't no going back...

And just imagine the chaos and deic evokations that would ensue should the Phat Pants make it on stage...why, the very fabric of reality could start to fray at the edges...

I say bring 'em on!

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

quote:

And just imagine the chaos and deic evokations that would ensue should the Phat Pants make it on stage...why, the very fabric of reality could start to fray at the edges...

I say bring 'em on!

Aloha,

Brad

What was Canned Beats saying about focus for this thread? Oh well, I forget. The Phat Pants are not to be taken lightly. There's no telling what will happen if they make it on stage...

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

I'll be there... or my name isn't Trevor Turner!

-

Didn't see that one coming...

I may party, oh, I may party.

And if I DID party, I would bring:

me.

maybe my femmy-friend.

enough booze/food/jrougs to keep me alive.

guitar.

'99 Honda Accord, LX. pwr st/br/win/mir, cruise, air-con, only 80,000kms.

tent.

overindulgent amount of 'car-camping' supplies.

The Tummies may show and want to perform, if you know what I mean. Warning: if they try and play you their new tune, cover your ears and walk away swiftly. Worry pas, as The Tummies would happily not perform and may rather stay drunker.

Um, I'd bring everything else I needed to not die, except a place to put my urine, though I suppose that could go in the trunk.

BradM, if I go, you get privelidged seating in my go-car. We'll figure it all out when it all gets figured out.

hey tooly - you worried we'd pooh on you when you put on the sissy pants at 3 AM>??

i'm picturing it now...you get clumsy and spill beer on yourself and then...

...i have to change and all i have left are my sissy pants. g'nite.

do your laundry.

the aprty's still on since we've only got like 20 people seriously interested...which is fine for me. i'm happy it's not a huge huge bash...but if more people show i'll welcome them...

We'll be 2-3 people, with one car.

Tent, amp, guitar(s), cooler...maybe a crockpot full of something.

A porta-potty shouldn't be much more than 70 or 80 bucks. I'm sure 3 bucks a person oughtta cover it, however, I haven't found a rental place online.

Try the yellow pages maybe?

ill bring

a tent

some blankets

myself

substinance IE: booze and food, i wish i still had my hibachi, i could grill up some grillcheese or burgers, unless you want that bag of carrots to munch on [Razz][Wink]

maybe ill bring my guitar? maybe i can just borrow one thats there for a few tunes?

and extra sissy pants and diapers for everybody

[big Grin]

i should do laundry, thats for damn sure.

see,,, i can totally see myself spilling beer on myself, or others,,, it happens quite frequently, or so im told. ask piegin how many times i spit on him lol

sorry brotherman

we will see who wears the sissy pants, maybe nobody will and we can all watch the sun rise

shit after last night im in tip top shape

Archived